Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else using Band Business Cards????

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else using Band Business Cards????

Ive been asked to get some for our group, but never having any made before I am kinda left in the dark on what to put on them and what they should look like. If any of you guys have any ideas, please share. Or better yet lets see a pic of them.....I need ideas!
    Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Hit one of the online servers (VistaPrint works well) - and get yourself a pile of the least expensive cards you can find. As far as content goes - I pretty much stick with the basics - band name, my name and a phone number or two and website URL. As a band leader - one of my favorite things to do is to order cards for EVERY member of the band - with the band name, their name, the instrument they play, and their phone #. It's $10 for a couple hundred cards ... and helps turn every member into somebody who can help sell the band. I also think it helps reinforce the sense that it's my band (as oppposed to it's his band) within every member.

I wouldn't spend money on "extras" (special paper, multi-color, etc.) - a business card is there to give somebody contact information quickly and efficiently. Anybody truly interested in contacting you isn't gonna give a **************** about whether or not the card was in any way a "premium" business card.

Once you receive your order (you'll end up with a couple hundred cards ....) - don't be shy about handing them out! If you're the least bit "stingy" about handing them out - chances are good that a key piece of printed information on the card will need to be changed and necessitate another printing before you run out of the first one!
    The SpaceNorman

www.facebook.com/SuperstarsOfRock
    www.souldoutrocks.com

Keyboards and Tone Generators: Yamaha CP300, Kronos 88, Roland AX Synth, Motif ES Rack
    Keyboard Rack: Samson SM10 Line Mixer, Motu MIDIExpressXT MIDI Interface, Shure PSM200 IEM system, M-Audio Wireless MIDI, Live Wires IEM ear buds, iPad wOnSong.
    Stage Amplification: Stereo via 2 Yamaha DSR112s

Comment

I think he was asking to see what we have on our cards.

We used Vista print a while ago... this is what we used for it:

Haven't used them in years. Bumper stickers and temp tattoos do a lot for us.
      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      My cover band

HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOESN'T WORK HARD

Comment

well sure. Business cards are pretty much a must, IMO.
        tlbonehead@yahoo.com
        www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
        -For Sale:
        -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
        -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
        - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
        - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
        - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Business cards are very handy things to have. In a moment I can give someone a lot of contact information. I used vistaprint.com, cost me $ 5. I'd do it again. I just use a basic style, no photos or anything. The style that I have is not available now but is similar to this:
          Video playing guitar at the beach - www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
          Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum - www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8
          Broken Hearted Surfer - Original Surf music and video featuring local Florida surfers - www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aFXhNoRhHw

Comment

I have done Vistaprint a few times, and for the price and simplicity, it isn't a bad deal at all.
            A while back we printed out own, it was pretty inexpensive [especially if you have a color laser printer at work ]
            We had a picture of the band, two contact numbers, our logo, our website and the name/instrument for each card.
            "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
            "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

I can't find an online version of ours. All I have to add to the above is that we have our "tagline" on our card--kind of our one-line elevator pitch so that folks know what exactly we're about.
              Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

business cards are the single most valuable bang for the buck thing a band can have. low tech and effective
                "you mess with him and you mess with the whole trailer park"

Comment

Nobody puts EMAIL ADDRESS on the cards as well...or are you all just slipping?

We actually just talked about doing cards 2 weeks ago as we plotted some 2012 stra-teg-ery.

I sent our frontman mock-ups of a few options from Vista Print, he responded "Already done". I love it when people do things rather than letting it slide...

Anyway:

Band Name / tag-line
                  Primary contact name
                  Phone
                  Email
                  Website

Black text on a white card. No graphics, no added nothing (Next round we may go light color text on a dark background, but no graphics).
                  For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

I'm actually in the process of redesigning ours. This will probably undergo some changes before final but this is the general idea. Our old ones had just our logo and url, so we're adding a little more info. Once finished, I'll print a few off for immediate use while waiting for a batch from Vistaprint after uploading.

Two tips:

1) Leave the back blank/white so you can write any additional info/dates/notes on the back if needed.
                    2) Never use Staples. They'll **************** your **************** up.

Band

Comment

Nobody puts EMAIL ADDRESS on the cards as well...or are you all just slipping?

We actually just talked about doing cards 2 weeks ago as we plotted some 2012 stra-teg-ery.

I sent our frontman mock-ups of a few options from Vista Print, he responded "Already done". I love it when people do things rather than letting it slide...

Anyway:

Band Name / tag-line
                      Primary contact name
                      Phone
                      Email
                      Website

Black text on a white card. No graphics, no added nothing (Next round we may go light color text on a dark background, but no graphics).

^This, but I'll add LOGO to the mix, and that CAN be a graphic. Our card is on all white, and our logo is red and black. The red on our logo is the only thing in color on the white card with black text. Looks pretty cool and with only 2 colors most places won't charge you extra.

I paid $25 for 1000 cards on decent weight paper, cut and printed. I did the design myself.
                      Christian

SpaceCat
                      www.spacecatband.com

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Originally Posted by wheresgrant3

Our singer is basically butchering the Grade A material into deli meat, but don't fear... the crowd is there for big sandwiches.

Comment

I thought about using them in the past, but a CD with all your deets on the disc is better to dish out!
                        Do you need live drum tracks? http://www.drumtracksdirect.co.uk/

Comment

I thought about using them in the past, but a CD with all your deets on the disc is better to dish out!

And so much easier to carry around any/everywhere in your wallet/pocket...
                          For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

I have two- one for my band, one for my solo project. I found a place online that prints from their templates, nice card stock with full color semi-gloss finish for something like 8 bucks for 250 cards. I make sure all my band guys have at least 10 cards on them.
                            http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

www.designyourowncard.com is a little pricier than some others mentioned, but it's GREAT quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X