Recording audio from YouTube

FitchFY

• Members

So I've heard of a few programs people can use to record audio content from YouTube... any of you guys have any experience with this?

I ask because one of my favorite bands (Dark new Day) has content on YouTube that will never see release, and GOD DO I WANT IT ON CD.

So I've got YouTube links and just want to get some audio... any suggestions on programs to use to capture this?

• Members

If you use Firefox or Chrome there are plugins/addons you can install that allow you to save the audio to your computer. I use this one in Firefox: http://www.downloadhelper.net/index.php and it's worked well for me. The free version has some limitations, but it works.

In most cases, you can also just record the audio direct through your sound card - most sound cards are set up so you can set the input to "stereo mix" or something like that and it'll record whatever you're playing at that time.

Hope that helps!

Brian V.

• Members

So I've heard of a few programs people can use to record audio content from YouTube... any of you guys have any experience with this?

I ask because one of my favorite bands (Dark new Day) has content on YouTube that will never see release, and GOD DO I WANT IT ON CD.

So I've got YouTube links and just want to get some audio... any suggestions on programs to use to capture this?

You might want to consider

www.polderbits.com

PolderbitS sound recorder - best sound-related software purchase I ever made. Free trial version available.

www.audacity.sourceforge.net

Audacity - free with full functionality. Slightly steeper learning curve for me and a bit more cumbersome but has multitrack capability. You'll need to download a free plugin to save recordings as mp3s.

Both very useful tools for me ... YMMV of course.

• Members

On my Mac I use Fastest Free Youtube Downloader app. Don't know a PC equivalent. Really don't use it very much. I do use the itunes store with some regular frequency. (Don't mind paying for music.)

Archived