Black Metal...Consonance and Disonance

toneforhire

• Members

Hey campers

I am finallt coming out of a dark period in my life and want to incorporate it into my music...

I actually found a bunch of 40 somethings who play black metal...they arent satanists or anything, they just like the music...

I am interested and was looking for pointers as to what I should be listening to, for influences...the music cant be ALL disonant, there has to me some melodic stuff to make the disonance more powerful...I cant just play tritones all the time...

I want to explore some dark material, and I want my music to relate to it

• Moderators

I am interested and was looking for pointers as to what I should be listening to, for influences...the music cant be ALL disonant, there has to me some melodic stuff to make the disonance more powerful...I cant just play tritones all the time...

You should post exactly this in Guitar Jam- there are a number of Black Metal aficionados there who will be able to suggest a lot of stuff you might like. Black Metal in particular can be super melodic so I don't think you'll have any trouble in that department.

• Members

what do you think of "Tsirhc" as a name for a black metal band??

Is your goal to name the band something that's not easily memorable or even pronounceable for most people?

I get what you're doing, but it's not necessarily obvious.

• Members

They are letting me lead the way...so I need to come up with a good name for the band as well...

something not obvious, necronomicon, black psalms,

what do you think of "Tsirhc" as a name for a black metal band??

Perfect, and here is a logo already made! :lol:

waking_the_cadaver_logo.jpg

Archived