OT: Gene Simmons and Tommy Lee rip Rhiana

ChordGirl

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait, Gene Simmons and Tommy Lee, two of the fakiest of fakers are ripping on ANYBODY else for ANYTHING?

"Outspoken KISS bassist Gene Simmons stressed that the bands's sets would be live, unlike Rihanna's stage show."

Hey Gene: will you HAIRLINE be live on this tour as well?

Wow...too much to laugh uncontrollably at here...Simmons is a total joke, and him chastising anybody on how genuine a performer they are is just further proof that the guy is totally deluded.

Bottom line is that ESPECIALLY coming from anybody associated with an act like KISS, which is 100% about 'the show', griping about another performance being 'real' or not is laughable.

• Members

Same here-that girl is hot. I love that song about her shooting a guy. Gene simmons? Happy to see him in the halloween costume hall of fame. Tommy Lee I hear is a good drummer with a lot of tatoos who's more famous for his relationship with pamela than anything else. Rhianna is a good singer and hot looking girl who has the machine behind her and is recording hits. They sounds like jealous has beens.

I would pay money to see Rihanna perform live long before I'd pay to see either of those two washed up old hacks.

• Members

I saw Kiss in '79 and in 2010. Both shows were solid, long (2010 was 2 1/2 hours) and
live
; like him or not, at least when you pay to see Kiss you're actually seeing the guys on stage playing and singing.

That's how I feel about it, too.

• Members

I have no doubt Rihanna can sing her parts well and can certainly sing better than anyone in those two bands. But the truth is that modern pop singers are expected to do a tremendous amount of dancing and running around on stage and other performing that is not particularly conducive to good singing. So they virtually all lip-sync or "sing along" with a track. People go to a Rihanna show do see her to all that stuff at least as much as they go to hear her voice. If anyone should understand the concept of "doing what you gotta do to make the entire show happen", it should be Gene Simmons. She should stand in one place all night and make sure all the singing is 100% live just to please the Gene Simmons' of the world?

What? Mr. Music Industry Businessman is suddenly all about The Music? Give me a break. Simmons is a verifiable assjerk and always has been. And it seems he's simply just making more "outrageous" comments to keep his mug in the news and promote his upcoming tour. And beyond that, the guy can barely play or sing his way out of a paper bag. Seriously, he should be the LAST guy who should be commenting on anyone's playing/singing abilities.

And while Tommy Lee is a very good drummer, ... c'mon....Motley Crue? Please.

• Members

Well if the asshat public didn't need to see the girls prance around onstage with their phony-assed dancers maybe Kiss and Motley crue wouldn't have anything to bitch about. I'm with them on this one. If you can't do it live them stay home.

Simmons is bitching just to hype up the new tour. Seriously, I doubt he really gives a {censored} and would be most pleased to see us talking about him here rather than anything else.

But it's apples vs. oranges. The people bitching about how the Rihanna's of the world put on their performances wouldn't go out and see her or by her albums even IF every note was played 100% live so what is her interest in performing the way THEY think it should be done?

And if the young kids who like Rihanna think rock shows would be better if performed "100% live" by old men in garish makeup? Well, Kiss and Crue aren't dead. Yet.

• Members

Wait, Gene Simmons and Tommy Lee, two of the fakiest of fakers are ripping on ANYBODY else for ANYTHING?

"Outspoken KISS bassist Gene Simmons stressed that the bands's sets would be live, unlike Rihanna's stage show."

Hey Gene: will you HAIRLINE be live on this tour as well?

Wow...too much to laugh uncontrollably at here...Simmons is a total joke, and him chastising anybody on how genuine a performer they are is just further proof that the guy is totally deluded.

Bottom line is that ESPECIALLY coming from anybody associated with an act like KISS, which is 100% about 'the show', griping about another performance being 'real' or not is laughable.

yes, because wearing a hairpiece during a live performance is exactly like lipsyncing a live performance.:facepalm:

• Members

I saw KISS a couple of years ago (Alive 35 tour). Simmons definitely wasn't lip-synching...he sounded like {censored}.

I don't care for Rihanna, but this just seems like Simmons and Lee trying to stir the pot. Pretty pathetic. Hell, KISS was using backing tracks back in the 70s...when Peter would sing 'Beth'. Motley Crue and 'Home Sweet Home'...same thing.

The KISS/Motley Crue tour is playing the Minnesota State Fair this summer. I won't be going.

• Members

yes, because wearing a hairpiece during a live performance is exactly like lipsyncing a live performance.
:facepalm:

Yeah, because one of these performances is so much more worth a $75 concert ticket just because it might be 100% "live"....

[video=youtube;Cxvq5BqrA84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxvq5BqrA84

[video=youtube;e4LXdT5qtJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4LXdT5qtJs

• Members

Say what you will about Kiss and Motley crue but the fact is they have been doing this forever.

I'm not sure what that says. If there were ever two bands that deserved to have short life spans, it was those two.

The point isn't that I don't share in some of the complaints about lip-syncing. But listening to it come from THOSE two doesn't give the complaints a lot of credibility. Aretha Franklin wants to tell me about how bad she thinks it is the Rihanna lip-syncs--OK, I'll listen. But Gene Simmons? C'mon. I rather pay 75 dollars to watch Rihanna clip her toe nails with her CD playing in the background than listen to him hack through "Detroit Rock City" "100% live" for the 10,000th time.

• Members

I have no doubt Rihanna can sing her parts well and can certainly sing better than anyone in those two bands.

She may be better than anyone in those bands, but that's a low standard - she's a lousy singer. She's live in both of those videos and it's horrible. I did monitors for her once just after one of her first two hits came out and she was even worse then - and there was very little stage show to distract you. I can appreciate the skill of the production machine behind her, but she's nothing more than a pretty face. I work with amateurs and hobbyists every day who would smoke her.

-Dan.

• Members

She may be better than anyone in those bands, but that's a low standard -

Yeah, that's pretty much my point. Look, I'm usually the first the defend acts who rely on things other than pure musicianship to sell their product. But when you're a lousy singing/lousy playing/lousy songwriting/nothing-but-showmanship hack like Gene Simmons you really have no room to slag on ANYBODY for much of ANYTHING they do.

• Members

Yeah, that's pretty much my point. Look, I'm usually the first the defend acts who rely on things other than pure musicianship to sell their product. But when you're a lousy singing/lousy playing/lousy songwriting/nothing-but-showmanship hack like Gene Simmons you really have no room to slag on ANYBODY for much of ANYTHING they do.

Oh, sure.

Poor Nuno is probably saying "Damn i wish extreme would had more hits and sold more records. Then i wouldn't have to make aliving playing with this Karaoke queen"

Even if they had been more successful, it'd probably still be a good idea. That dude's probably making serious bank playing for her and he gets to avoid all of the responsibility and hassle of being the name on the marquis.

-Dan.

Archived