PDX Rock n Roll Half Marathon did you play or run?

• Members

Just got done with the half marathon here in PDX. Any forum members play or run out there today?

Heard some great stuff as I chugged past, but made sure to recognise their efforts.

It was raining here in town today(it's Portland after all), so I am sure that the bands in the neighborhoods on the east side did not get as many watchers as they could have.

Anyone play these kind of events in any other cities? Is it fun or is it just a bind to play for a rapidly moving audience? Just interested to know.

• Members

Yes! I played with Petty Fever - a Tom Petty tribute act. We had a lot of fun.

This was a very well organized event with great communication from the Event Coordinator. When/where to load-in, where to park, what to bring, road closures, etc. Great crowd response too! I hope others doing this in other cities have had similar experiences.

The worst part was having to be there for a 6:30 setup after getting home from a club gig at 2:30 the 'night' before.

Hats off to everyone that ran the race. Anyone that can finish a 1/2 marathon is a winner!

• Members

Yes! I played with Petty Fever - a Tom Petty tribute act. We had a lot of fun.

Ah! Yes, I remember you lot. Just before the Steel Bridge. Can't remember what you were playing (I was pushing pretty hard at that point) but it sounded great. I could hear you from up before the inflatable 'Rock dude' over the street, and off up toward the bridge. I'm going to have to look out for you folks here in town so I can hear a set.

The half's are easy....it's the full marathons that hurt!

• Members

I ran in the KC Marathon last fall (team relay), and the music (mostly blues and jazz) was AWESOME and really added great flavor to the event!

planning to do down and do the half this year, and expecting more of the same!

Archived