Throwdown Jones opened for Bret Michaels Band Monday night in Hickory NC

• Members

We got to open for Bret Michaels Band Monday night , heres a {censored}ty video from the show. We diddnt get to meet Brett Diabetes got him after the show had a sugar crash and stopped all the fun of hanging with him after his meet n greets. but we did hang with his kick ass band before n after the show the guys are all top notch heres a original song Down by TDJhttp://youtu.be/s1wMPt8M4O0

And Some BMB Old SWchool Poison actionhttp://youtu.be/-PAJE9pPJ5I

Then a few band pics w Pete Evick ( guitar player ) [ATTACH=CONFIG]345898[/ATTACH] Robi D ( keyboards )[ATTACH=CONFIG]345897[/ATTACH] Dirty Ray bass player[ATTACH=CONFIG]345896[/ATTACH]

• Members

yes they were ( i was sound and lights ) there was a bruhah with a new guy brought in back in 07 to do sound ( he was a asshat and knew nothing other then trying to get laid ) so i stepped out for a few yrs . After he was set walking after some shady things he did i started back helping them after moving back to Raleigh NC. After this show my boys asked me back. So im going back end of this month to resume my place with my boys ! just closing loose ends here. There going to be gong into the studio this fall to do thier first full length CD as they have backers to finance it. And we might even be getting another slot with BMB this summer as hes coming back with Poison & Def leppard

So after i left i sold off light gear and now starting this week to rebuild the show cant wait to get back with the guys doing what i LOVED ..

• Members

yes they were ( i was sound and lights ) there was a bruhah with a new guy brought in back in 07 to do sound ( he was a asshat and knew nothing other then trying to get laid ) so i stepped out for a few yrs . After he was set walking after some shady things he did i started back helping them after moving back to Raleigh NC. After this show my boys asked me back. So im going back end of this month to resume my place with my boys ! just closing loose ends here. There going to be gong into the studio this fall to do thier first full length CD as they have backers to finance it. And we might even be getting another slot with BMB this summer as hes coming back with Poison & Def leppard

So after i left i sold off light gear and now starting this week to rebuild the show cant wait to get back with the guys doing what i LOVED ..

Nice to see you posting again.:) Hope everything works out.

• Members

Good to hear! Best of luck in the future with the band and keep posting great stuff!

Love to see good bands doing good work! :thu:

• Members

OK, so I watched the Bret Michael vid... Was it me or was there a 5 minute drum solo? Does anyone give a {censored} about 5 minute drum solos????

Bret went backstage to change and prob do a sugar check, so drummer went wild , but ill say it was a helluva solo, also prob hard to see he had the LOWEST drum setup ive ever seen. the Bass was the highest in the set the toms , snare cymbals were all lower looked lke a kids drum set.

As for opening it was a real experience for them and me , I had seen Poison several times in the 80's and didnt think it would be the same ( well CC is CC But Pete Evick is kick ass in CC's place on the songs of Poison) and the most humble man you will meet in person aswell as Robi (KB) and Dirty Ray on Bass. The stories we exchanged and heard were something we will have always . And for them to all genuinally like a Lil cover band that does what they do was a nice thing. well all left knowing that we had just met guys that are real enough to call friends. Petes already got us FB'd personally and actually replies lol . good damn times for sure

• Members

OK, so I watched the Bret Michael vid... Was it me or was there a 5 minute drum solo? Does anyone give a {censored} about 5 minute drum solos????

I am drummer and even I would say no... :lol:

unless its a prog rock show: Rush, Dream Theater...

anyway, Welcome back LightingPimp It was always great to hear about a Rock cover band doing well. Most in my area are kinda "meh" but TDJ seems to be doing it right. Without derailing let me just say- It goes to show that you don't have to be a "party band" to do well. there is room for ALL kinds of cover bands. :)

• Members

Does anyone care about a 5 min guitard solo? I thought it was a great solo.

Archived