When is 4th of July "Weekend" this year...

mstreck

• Members

... as far as "party weekend band gigs" are concerned?

Would it be June 30 - July 1? Or would there really not be a big party weekend this year because the 4th is on a Wednesday??

Just trying to figure out how to best plan/promote.

Thanks! :wave:

Mike

• Members

... as far as "party weekend band gigs" are concerned?

Would it be June 30 - July 1? Or would there really not be a big party weekend this year because the 4th is on a Wednesday??

Just trying to figure out how to best plan/promote.

Thanks!
:wave:

Mike

Because it's on a Wednesday this year don't plan on as big a party. Few people are going to have a 5-day weekend. Most people will get the Wednesday off of work and that will be it.

• Members

Because it's on a Wednesday this year don't plan on as big a party. Few people are going to have a 5-day weekend. Most people will get the Wednesday off of work and that will be it.

Then I guess I'll have to call it PRE-4th-of-July Weekend! :lol:

• Members

Yes sometimes they hold off till the nearest weekend.

Strange. I've never seen that before. Must be a "North of BFE" thing. :poke:

One thing I always thought was cool about the 4th of July is that (probably because it's CALLED the "4th of July") it's the one holiday (well..other than Christmas and New Year's Eve, I suppose) that doesn't get moved to the nearest weekend.

What's next? We'll start celebrating New Year's Day on Dec 29th so people can get a 3-day weekend out of it?

• Members

Yeah...it doesn't matter what day the 4th falls on around here. The fireworks are always on that day. I took it off this year. I'm getting sick of playing every holiday. No NYE this year either.

• Members

Parade in my area is on the 4th, but on the following Saturday in the town where my daughter's family lives. Cherri nails it (as always) - call around to the local CoC, check the newspapers, go online to municipal/town sites, etc.

• Members

I've always found that gigs right after holidays suck. People are partied out. And gigs right before holidays are great, cuz people are looking forward to some time off - they sometimes get started early.

Depends on the location and the holiday, though. Vacation spots rawk before Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc, but our local venues are almost empty on those weekends - everyone's gone to the shore or the mounains. Our local (town) venues rawk before Labor Day (school goes back in session right after, so people are home from vacation spots) & Thanksgiving (all the college kids are back in town).

Archived