No announcement yet.

Silly Gear that You Should Have Already Owned

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Gear that You Should Have Already Owned

I've been gigging for years and not once have I ever brought a fan with me. It's 90 degrees today. I just purchased a fan and can't wait to plop it right under my mic stand tonight.

Is there any gear that you should have purchased years ago and don't know why you never bothered?

"You can't play blues in an air conditioned room". Ha! No kidding, sometimes it's the simplest stuff that makes you go "duh"? With that in mind I'd say it was those super cheap rubber Welcome mats at Home Depot for covering cables in hi-trip hazard areas where the public might get close to. Definetly low-pro but does the job.
    Signature?

Comment

If you sing through the fan, you get a sort of Leslie effect!

Comment

Velcro cable ties! I only started to discover their use about a year ago. Up to that point, I simply wrapped cables around my arm. They make organizing cables a lot more pleasant.
        (This is my Non-Signature.)

Comment

Headphones. I had some several years ago, but they gotten stolen along with a bag full of other stuff. Since then, I've just been perpetually borrowing one pair or another.

-Dan.
          Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.

Comment

Earplugs.
            For Sale:
            Traynor K4 Stereo keyboard amp $550

Gear:
            Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop
            Fender Homebuilt Shoreline Gold Stratocaster
            Fender Japan '62 Reissue Telecaster
            Schecter "XX" Custom C-1
            Agile CSB 2500
            1960's Guild Starfire IV
            Takamine EAN40C
            Line6 M13
            Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
            Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12
            Blackstar HT-5RH
            Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12
            Mesa Boogie Thiele 1x12
            Alesis Fusion 6HD

My Band:
            Driven: [url]http://www.drivenbandct.com

Comment

a flashlight would have been handy more than once. I've got at least six that use 2 AA's but they never seem to be in the gig bag when I need one.
              Yamaha MO-6, Roland JV1080, Roland JV1010 (X 2), Crown XLS 602 amplifier, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2, Hartke VX 1508, Peavey PR-12 (keys monitor), Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass, Fender Standard Precision Bass, Squier Vintage Modified Jazz fretless.

Comment

I've been gigging for years and not once have I ever brought a fan with me. It's 90 degrees today. I just purchased a fan and can't wait to plop it right under my mic stand tonight.

Is there any gear that you should have purchased years ago and don't know why you never bothered?
                I've always carried a personal fan in the gig truck with the rest of my gear.
                tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                -For Sale:
                -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

a flashlight would have been handy more than once. I've got at least six that use 2 AA's but they never seem to be in the gig bag when I need one.
                  I absolutely must have a flashlight for setting up.
                  tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                  -For Sale:
                  -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                  - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD

Comment

Rock 'n Roller cart...
                    Used to take 4-5 trips to/from vehicle to stage or storage for the entire kit and everything else (IEMs, electronics, etc.), now takes 2, and none on my back.
                    For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

I've got 3-4 with my gear at all times.
                      For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

I put a Leatherman style tool in an inside pocket of every gig bag (2). This is in addition to a small toolkit already in one of the bags.
                        http://www.paulzerra.com/

Here is a Blues tune I do w/my trio to warm up:

https://www.box.com/s/43da5e4ca6432d021eb8

Music teacher and piano player.

Comment

Rock 'n Roller cart...
                          Used to take 4-5 trips to/from vehicle to stage or storage for the entire kit and everything else (IEMs, electronics, etc.), now takes 2, and none on my back.
                          everybody in the band has at least one cart of some type.
                          tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                          -For Sale:

Comment

I'm pretty sure at this point that I've finally got it all together:
                            Flashlights -check
                            Fans -check
                            velcro cable wraps -check
                            Windscreens -check
                            outlet testers -check
                            batteries -check
                            Tape -check
                            Sharpies -check
                            hand sanitizer -check
                            guitar polish -check
                            Towels/clothes -check
                            cloth work gloves -check
                            Halls Mentho-lyptus -check
                            assorted tools -check
                            koozies -check
                            condoms -ah hell, I don't need those anymore!
                            http://www.crazydeliciousband.com/

Comment

I've got one on my keyring and another magnetic one sticking to the bottom of my MixWiz. Those LED ones have incredible battery life.

Comment

Working...
                              X