Guido61....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, David is certainly the man (sage advice and we're all full of envy and desire, etc.), but I would like to hear from the girls in his band. At least from time to time.

Louis

I voted for the girls. Its always about the girls, isn't it?

• Members

I dig the guy. There's a strong Dennis Miller-ish(***) sense of common sense mixed with a healthy dose of smartass that make most (not all, mind you) of his posts a hell of a lot of fun to read.

There are a few others out here that simply demand to get knocked down a peg, and he's happy to oblige them.

In any case, he's got a very successful band running the way he wants it run. That alone makes him worthy of my attention . I'm always ready to listen to success.

Even when he's up on his soapbox, I can't help feeling he's not taking himself quite as seriously as he comes off at times.

Also, in spite of the fact that my lengthy emails are a running joke with every bandmate I've ever had, David makes me look like The Man With No Name by comparison.

There are a handful of dudes on this forum and KSS who can entice me to read a thread for no better reason that they have posted in it. I'm not naming names on the others, but I will say that David's in that fraternity.

I just wonder at times, though, how the hell he finds time for anything else. Must be a blazingly fast typist....

Carry on Guido!!!!!

(***)Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

• Members

The thread and poll IMO is probably just a light-hearted way for Guido61 to do an honest assessment of his impact on this forum. But then again, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

There's a glaring omission in the choices offered.

o Is a helpful contributor but posts WAAAAY too much.

I've seen this on other forums. . . . . One guy feels the need to post more than anyone else. Years ago, I was that guy. When I was taken to task, I'd jump in and defend myself . . . couldn't help it for a long time. You see, I was convinced that no one had the insights that I did . . . or at least wasn't motivated to post it as quickly as I felt was necessary. :facepalm:

It's kind of like leaving sonic space for others in a band performance.

• Members

Wow.

Just wow.

David... step back, man. You're pulling a KMart. You're too close, posting too frequently, and starting to lose it.

You're a VERY smart man, a great businessman, and I like reading most of your posts, assuming it's on the first two pages so they're actually on topic.

But you just made an internet post about yourself. :facepalm: Take a week off, bro!

• Members

Wow.

Just wow.

David... step back, man. You're pulling a KMart. You're too close, posting too frequently, and starting to lose it.

You're a VERY smart man, a great businessman, and I like reading most of your posts, assuming it's on the first two pages so they're actually on topic.

But you just made an internet post about yourself.
:facepalm:
Take a week off, bro!

I thought the timing of this poll was particularly worthy of psychiatric review. I voted for the girls to take his place.

• Members

Don't read long posts and don't give two {censored}s about those that "know it all". Bottom line is every market is different, what works for one doesn't have to work for others, and everything said here is one person's experiences. Any forum is entertaining. Nothing said is really worth anything to me whether it comes from Wade, David, Potts, etc. I enjoy reading it all. I take no one's advice.

Edited to clarify: Names above no offense intended; you're just those I see the most. Applies to anyone.

Archived