FB message I just got on my band's page

jeff42

• Members

AMAZINGNESS PARTYYY EVER

hello sir! there's this event coming up that a friend and i are planning VERY EXCITED LOL

itll be something like a festival outside. we have vendors the grounds rented and loads and loads of people will be attending over 100 so far assuming it doesnt rain. the kicker is we need bands and when my friend told me this my first thought was YOU! because lets face it your sheer radicalness and badassery will surely draw loads of bodies in lol.

NOW if your interested in playing your more then welcome to sell merch and promote any upcoming shows u have the only issue is we cant pay for ur time. this is our first time throwing the fest. so we have to pay vendors get booze and the first show is free to the public if it works the way we want well be doing this once a month and u will be compensated accordingly .

if you know any other bands that would like to participate tell them to inbox me im goin to send u a link for the fb invite to this but remember this is just the fb invite its not the only promotion for the show that we have going on also if you want to do it ur more then welcome to promote it in ur own fashion.i think that this show will give u guys alot of exposure because there are people coming from all over PA and NJ and we are trying to draw a huge crowd for the first fest. so invite any and all people you know let me kno if you can or want to do this as soon as u possibly can my # is XXX- XXX-XXXX txt me or call n leave a message if i dont answer heres the link for the show.

(it was ALL one paragraph. I spaced it out to make it easier to read)

If this party/ festival happens its going to be a mess... I can feel it. Plus it's NEXT Friday. :lol::facepalm:

needless to say we won't be playing it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love how people decide to make a business proposal- let's face it, throwing a public concert, BBQ, fair, carnival, art show, whatever- IS business. They expect to either make money or break even. Do they expect the store to provide the food for free? Do they expect the power company to give them cost-free power from the pole? If they can't find a way to pay ALL vendors, and make money, then it's a BAD BUSINESS DECISION. I don't care if they do it for "FUN" or somebody's birthday or whatever. Do borthday party supply stores give it away just because it's somebody's birthday?? No, because it's a bad business decision. I don't understand how people's work, especially in our industry, but in many "arts" has been assumed to be complimentary and cost-free for anyone??

Man this stuff really grinds my gears (yes, peter griffin reference). :mad:

• Members

What time slot did you pick? Imagine. There is a chance to play for free (actually it will cost you) for 100 people!!!!! That would be 1 person for each penny in a dollar!!!! If you can get each person to donate a dime that would be $10...

I'm wondering about insurance, security, portable bathrooms, power, etc... I'm sure they have all that figured out, it is next Friday, after all.

• Members

IF this happens? You can't seriously be considering this {censored} sandwich can you, especially with tidbits like this:

:confused:

LOL no no no!!! sorry I wasn't clear. I mean this actual party- festival thingie. Not us playing it! LOL never!

• Members

I don't know about anybody else ... but looking past the whole "play for exposure" thing (which is something most of us have done at some point in our musical careers - and would likely at least consider doing again IF under the right set of circumstances) .... I would NEVER have anything to do with this particular thing, simply because they apparently can't pull it together enough to write using proper english. I wouldn't consider hitching my wagon to an event being pulled together by somebody who won't pay enough attention to detail to write "you are" instead of UR.

• Members

LOL no no no!!! sorry I wasn't clear. I mean this actual party- festival thingie. Not us playing it! LOL never!

Oh you'll be sorry! This is bound to be such a tremendous success it will put all the venues within a 50 mile radius out of business.

:lol:

• Members

Geez, that offer is certainly a truckload of crap.

On more than one occasion we have have played at festivals for a fee and were the only band that got paid. It was our Doors show and we were the featured band in the advertising.

It wouldn't hurt to reply and say how much you'd like to do it but it is your policy to be paid or at least cover expenses.

• Members

Oh boy... here is the description on the FB event page

ExtravaganzOpalooza McPartyTron 2012 with the epic undertone of awesome

IF YOU DONT LIKE AWESOME STAY HOME!

Live music and adult entertainment 0.o

Band merch

Camping (bring your own tent)

Food and fine pastries

Tattoos!!!

Beer pong tournament

jello wrestling

Moshi-MUD-Pit

Super Sexy Slip n Slide contest winner gets mystery gift (OH MY GOLLY GOSH!!)

BOOZE provided $5 a cup while it lasts and BYOB is welcome and recommended

FREE ADMISSION!!

come support local bands! get {censored}ed up and {censored} {censored} up oh and get funky or whatever it is that u do when u get down!

18 to party 21 to drink

I am staying FAR away from this one!

Archived