2012 Halloween gig thread!

FitchFY

• Members

The 2012 Halloween gig season is upon us, for many bands starting tonight! Woo hoo!

Let's see pictures! Hear stories! What are you going as? Is your band doing a costume theme and learning new music? HIT ME!

Head First is going as The Village People and are going to play "YMCA" and "In the Navy." Yeah, we've come so far... facepalm.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by FitchFY View Post
The 2012 Halloween gig season is upon us, for many bands starting tonight! Woo hoo!

Let's see pictures! Hear stories! What are you going as? Is your band doing a costume theme and learning new music? HIT ME!

Head First is going as The Village People and are going to play "YMCA" and "In the Navy." Yeah, we've come so far... facepalm.gif
Our Halloween gig is next week (Friday, Oct 26). I'll be going as the Terminator. Complete with ripped flash on my face/arm exposing the "metal" underneath (found the how-to on youtube).

Promo vid is here. It's just a customized template, but it gets the job done: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151193016220340

I'll post pics when we get them. thumb.gif

• Members

Both bands are playing next weekend. Ostrich Hat is playing a restaurant that we usually play once every 5-6 weeks. The owners are planning to go all out this year and of course costume contests and stuff.

There & Back Again is playing the best bar in town for our 10th anniversary/ Halloween party. There is almost NO way it will be anything other than a great crowd.

• Members

We'll be playing next Saturday as well as on Halloween night at the House Of Blues. I always love Halloween shows, usually a lot of fun. We'll be going as our sort of alter-ego/side project The Phantom Lincoln Funeral Train tongue.gif We're basically a band of undead minstrels from the 1800's. It's kinda fun because it allows us to take our "Southern Gothic Blues" concept to a little creepier level.

• Members

Both bands playing - in combined venues that make me feel like I'm a real musician and women should be falling at my feet... Skin and Bones is playing a huge Halloween party at House of Blues CLE next Friday (26th), myManic Episode is playing @ Browns Stadium pregame on Sunday (28th), and then Skin & Bones is playing a private event at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Tuesday (30th). Wow. That reads way cooler than I actually am.

This is last Halloween era at The Grog Shop. I was the Joker, as a nurse, of course. Because who wants to wear purple?
8103642327_dca1bae3b1.jpg
8103656742_10ca36fbc9.jpg

• Members

We're playing a pretty big Halloween party in a downtown 'burb area of Metro Detroit. About 10 bars/clubs are participating and holding all kinds of different costume contests with different prizes all evening long. It's pretty cool because they coordinated the type and timing of each contest so that none overlap, which makes it a big costume pub crawl.

We're hosting the contests and giving away the prizes at one such location.

Also we'll end up with a shorter night because it's game 3 of the World Series that night...and our Tigers are gonna beat some NL ass. We'll be starting when the game ends.

Costumes:

Me (and my wife) are going as Sheldon and Amy from the Big Bang Theory
Lead singer/rhythm guitarist: Angus Young
Bass Player: Jim Leyland
Drummer: ?? Won't know until the gig. He keeps his costumes on the DL.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy19 View Post
Drummer: ?? Won't know until the gig. He keeps his costumes on the DL.
I used to do that with my bands, just to mess with them. We'd have theme'd costumes, and I'd always have to configure it so I could still play the drums while in character. It became a bit of "Okay, where's Fitch?" prior to the show.

Since I'm drumming in a cowboy hat all night Saturday, I've been wearing it around the house all the time. I don't know how those guys do it. I whack the brim on everything.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FitchFY

View Post

Since I'm drumming in a cowboy hat all night Saturday, I've been wearing it around the house all the time. I don't know how those guys do it. I whack the brim on everything.

My in-laws live in TX and they gave me a cowboy hat once. I wore it for about 5-6 minutes and it's been buried in our basement since.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by FitchFY View Post

Logistics can be a bitch....
We played a show as a "sports band" one Halloween.
Do NOT go as the football player w/ pads and helmut if you play guitar.
Bad idea.

• Members

gig on the 27th.......Im going as Chucky...well (big chucky) actually cause im a big boy......and my wife is going as the bride of chucky(big chucky).....gonna be fun.....Gotta play in church the next morning..hope I can get the makeup off!!!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by J.Paul View Post
Logistics can be a bitch....
We played a show as a "sports band" one Halloween.
Do NOT go as the football player w/ pads and helmut if you play guitar.
Bad idea.
This is why GWAR gets mad respect out of me. Totally_jammin_out.gif

• Members

So by the sounds most of you gigging on FRIDAY night are doing the Halloween thing? We have a gig on Friday--2 of us want to dress up and 3 do not. The non-dresser-uppers' argument is that it's not "the Halloween party night" but I think they're just being boring and/or lazy.

• Members

Both Friday and Saturday night gigs are Halloween shows and a bit of tradition for us. For the last 7 years we've done an annual radio station gig that's grown from a small listener appreciation party of 50 to the biggest Halloween event in the area (over 1250 people attended in 2010). This year pre-sale is already over 600 and they are expecting 1200-1400. It's held at a large Civic center. That show is always on the Saturday before Halloween.

We always choose a theme for this gig... in past years we've done:

2010-Hugh Hefner and Playboy Playmates
DSC00707.JPG

2009-Grease
DSC05111.JPG

2008-Cheerleaders
DSC07182.JPG

2007-Nerds
badges.jpg

2006-Hair Metal Messiah
DCP06727.jpg

2005-Village People
IMG_0023.jpg

I think some of us like to dress in drag a little too much. LOL

On Friday night last 3 years we're playing an exclusive college bar (they don't book bands) that is just off the hook. We play there once ever semester. A Halloween party and a 'Spring Fling'. Expecting this show to be off the hook. We're dressing up as whatever we want. Open season on costumes.

Some video:
2010 Event

2009 Event

• Members

Nothing on "official" Halloween, but next Saturday we're playing a private party next to a pool again, like we did last year (they loved us and invited us back). The load-in sucks but the crowd is great and we had a blast last year. I hope the weather stays warm like it's been here...because that'll make it even better. Last year was cold.

Not sure what costume I'll wear or if we're going to go for the theme. It's been MONTHS since this band's played a show (since July) so just getting "the machine" going again is the biggest obstacle we've got to overcome.

Brian V.

• Members

I'm doing Halloween gigs on Friday and Saturday as the hired gun guitarist for an oldies band. No theme so I'm going to don my Victorian era British soldier outfit, complete with kilt and bagpipes.

I'd love to wear my gorilla suit, but it's too hot and I can't play guitar or sing with it on.

• Members

So by the sounds most of you gigging on FRIDAY night are doing the Halloween thing? We have a gig on Friday--2 of us want to dress up and 3 do not. The non-dresser-uppers' argument is that it's not "the Halloween party night" but I think they're just being boring and/or lazy.

In the past the Halloween party night has been BOTH nights for us.

Archived