ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!!!!

wheresgrant3

• Members

Ugh! The unplanned, freak forecasted, storm of the century. It threatens lives, destroys communities and yes, threatens the music scene. Can't tell you the number of discussions I've had all day with brethren all up and down the eastern seaboard talking about damaged and destroyed music venues. Noting hits harder than when it's in your own backyard.

This is where we're booked Saturday night!
Ribworks-Sept-2012-80.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

Here's where we play all summer

GullyRainbow.jpg

GULLYS-1.jpg

Here's another summertime venue.

Mariners1.jpg

MAriners2.jpg

All three are located on the Hudson River approz 60-75 miles north of Manhatten.

Still they may have fared better than this place... which we played a few years back.

Joey Harrison's Ortley Beach, NJ

JoeyHarrison.jpg

I bet this put a kink into our calendar. frown.gif

I feel for these venue owners. A year ago Irene, and this year Sandy.

• Members

Had some similar problems here...all of the summer venues at Misquamicut in RI flooded out. One of the stronger venues in New London was also under water last night. It'll be interesting how these all play out. I'm not worried about the Misquamicut venues...there's too much money it for them not reopen. The one here in New London? I'm not as sure...but when I drove by this morning, they already had a dumpster out in front.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by roamingbard13

View Post

Had some similar problems here...all of the summer venues at Misquamicut in RI flooded out. One of the stronger venues in New London was also under water last night. It'll be interesting how these all play out. I'm not worried about the Misquamicut venues...there's too much money it for them not reopen. The one here in New London? I'm not as sure...but when I drove by this morning, they already had a dumpster out in front.

Is that Stash's? We've played Black Bear Saloons in Milford, So Norwalk, Daniel St. in Milford. I wonder how those towns fared.

• Members

Everyone is fine here in my neighborhood. In my opinion we were lucky and were spared alot of rain. However wind damage is evident and there are still 210,000 people without power. Substations blew so they are talking 8-10 at a minimum.

Jersey is a disaster. You can't even get gas for your car because people are filling gas cans for generators. Terrible.

• Members

Everyone is fine here in my neighborhood. In my opinion we were lucky and were spared alot of rain. However wind damage is evident and there are still 210,000 people without power. Substations blew so they are talking 8-10 at a minimum.

Jersey is a disaster. You can't even get gas for your car because people are filling gas cans for generators. Terrible.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by wheresgrant3 View Post
Is that Stash's? We've played Black Bear Saloons in Milford, So Norwalk, Daniel St. in Milford. I wonder how those towns fared.
Yes, Stash's. We are booked there in a couple of weekends, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Our band contact there is going to way a week or so before seeing how things are going for them.

I don't make it out that way very often, so I'm not familiar with the Black Bear Saloons (besides the one in New Haven, anyways). I know South Norwalk had serious issues with water too.

Here are two of the Misquamicut venues...one of my coworkers just moved into a beach house down the street from here. They haven't even been let back in the area yet.

bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=NL&Date=20121030&Cat

bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=NL&Date=20121030&Cat

Archived