anyone here do HEAD LIKE A HOLE?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by guido61
    View Post

I was blown away when that album came out. And there was a lot of good stuff coming out at that time. I made the bold prediction at the time that that album would go on to become the Gen-X "Dark Side of The Moon". It hasn't really become quite THAT, I don't think, but it's an amazing record nonetheless, IMO.

It was definitely the album that brought industrial rock to the mainstream, opening the doors for Stabbing Westward, Gravity Kills, Powerman 5000, etc. Just a great, great, great album.
    Music, music, I hear music
    Fitch Drums - The Blog for the Aspiring Non-Professional Drummer

Comment

View Post

I was blown away when that album came out. And there was a lot of good stuff coming out at that time. I made the bold prediction at the time that that album would go on to become the Gen-X "Dark Side of The Moon". It hasn't really become quite THAT, I don't think, but it's an amazing record nonetheless, IMO.

Based on your band and posts, I'm surprised you like NiN.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksstudent
        View Post

Hate to attempt to speak for David, but I think you'll find that the stuff a lot of us on here listen to is not limited to what our respective bands play.

jamieb

+++++
        B-3/122, chopped B-3/145, Fender Rhodes, Kurzweil PC-88MX, Korg CX-3 (+ other stuff)
        Korg SV-1, Hammond XK3-C

12 Miles North:
        Leah Seawright:

Comment

My bluegrass band used to do it. It sounds like a fundamentalist rant on the evils of money when you do it with a twang.

Big fan of NIN

Not sure who posted or anything, an awfully distorted Bad recording (though I can usually distort most any mic wif mah volume) but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnLthRynho8

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by FitchFY
            View Post

It was definitely the album that brought industrial rock to the mainstream, opening the doors for Stabbing Westward, Gravity Kills, Powerman 5000, etc. Just a great, great, great album.

Gravity Kills... nice - I was a little sad when they stopped making one-word-title albums.
            Vocal Gear: Audix OM3xb, Boss VE-20 | Synth Gear: Muse Receptor V1.0 | Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Roland AX7

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksstudent
              View Post

fair enough. But just for the record:

1) I've always personally liked a wide variety of music and I hope that always continues. Good music is good music. I've never been tied to only liking certain genres. I would find that very boring I think. Like only liking blondes. Why do that when there are so many beautiful brunettes and redheads out there?

2) I play in a cover band and the type of band we are is largely a function of where we live and how old we are. My main concerns with playing in any cover band are A) playing with people I have a good time playing with, B) playing gigs that are fun to play, C) making as much money as is possible while still doing A and B.

If I could do all that in a band that plays NiN I might choose to do that instead. But it really isn't possible. There's not really much of a market where I live for 50 year old guys playing NiN. So I play other stuff I enjoy doing instead.

Comment

View Post

fair enough. But just for the record:

1) I've always personally liked a wide variety of music and I hope that always continues. Good music is good music. I've never been tied to only liking certain genres. I would find that very boring I think. Like only liking blondes. Why do that when there are so many beautiful brunettes and redheads out there?

2) I play in a cover band and the type of band we are is largely a function of where we live and how old we are. My main concerns with playing in any cover band are A) playing with people I have a good time playing with, B) playing gigs that are fun to play, C) making as much money as is possible while still doing A and B.

If I could do all that in a band that plays IRON MAIDEN I might choose to do that instead. But it really isn't possible. There's not really much of a market where I live for 38 year old guys playing IRON MAIDEN So I play other stuff I enjoy doing instead.

made a little change to reflect how I feel but... agreed!
                www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

We do it in a mashup with Call Me Maybe... it kills. People usually sing along to the one NIN verse we do.
                  my rig: Eastwood Airline Map, distortion, tuner, chorus and wah through a blues Jr. I now longer gig with anything I can't carry with one arm. It's a good policy
                  www.facebook.com/austincowbell
                  www.austincowbell.com
                  www.chandlerandthebings.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Austincowbell
                    View Post

We do it in a mashup with Call Me Maybe... it kills. People usually sing along to the one NIN verse we do.

Sheer genius!
                    (This is my Non-Signature.)

Comment

Working...
                    X