Playing his weekend with a broken finger.

modulusman

• Members

I broke the tip of my left index finger at work on halloween. I'm playing bass at a bar this weekend.eek.gif Not sure how it will go since I can only use 3 digits. Should be interesting. I'm taking Norcos for the pain but they make me drowsy so I hope that I can still concentrate. smile.gif EDIT- I'm already having problems. I noticed I typed his instead of this in my thread title.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bigjd

View Post

Need a fill in? My weekends open.

The BL already has a couple of guys he can call if I have problems. If it proves too difficult I will just have to limp through the night and he will use a replacement tomorrow night. But thanks for offering.thumb.gif

• Members

About 15 years ago I ripped my finger open at the knuckle of my right index finger carrying my rack up from the basement. I went to the doctor who shot up my finger then gave me 8 stitches. I had a gig that night and as the doctor predicted at around 11pm my finger started majorly throbbing. It was also wrapped up and unusable. By the end of the night the pain was pretty bad. I'll never forget the guitar players quote: "dude, you really played like {censored} tonight...". True story...

• Members

A couple of years ago I broke the bone in my left hand that runs from my ring finger to my wrist. The doctor put on a cast that went from my finger tips to my elbow, but, at my request, he left my thumb and first two fingers free. I tuned my guitar to an open E chord and played about 30 gigs that way, rhythm and leads. I learned a lot about open tunings, but I never want to have to go through that again.

• Members

It went alright. There were a few trainwrecks. The biggest being "3 steps" by Skynyrd. I sing and play that song and there was no way for me to play it without using my broke finger. The pain pills actually affected my singing alot and I had to struggle all night.I started to get real tired by the last set. I'm going to play tonight without medication.

Archived