X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never have. Why bother?

A little bit of cheating seems pointless, and as for big cheating, if I cared that much about money, I'd still be a corporate executive somewhere...
    yeah, kind of a silly thing to say if you have no proof to base it on.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
    <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
    -For Sale: <br />
    -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
    -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
    - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
    - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
    - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

So if low-income folks who maybe have cheated on their taxes have no right to talk about the rich paying higher rates, does that follow that only rich people who have never taken a bit of extra income under the table or never over-stated a deduction have a right to talk about the tax rates poorer people pay???

Sorry, but that's just nonsense. What does how one conducts their own financial business have much of anything to do with having an opinion on something like what the marginal tax rates in the nation should be?
      https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
      http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

Comment

^^^THIS. My experience is that extra-income coming from playing music is more of a pain-in-the-ass tax-wise than anything else. Unless you're earning/reporting a LOT of income, it's pretty easy to come up with enough legitimate deductable expenses from playing music to offset the income.

Depending on how you do it, it's possible to claim deductions that'll offset your regular wages, too.

-Dan.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.</i></div>

Comment

^^^THIS. My experience is that extra-income coming from playing music is more of a pain-in-the-ass tax-wise than anything else. Unless you're earning/reporting a LOT of income, it's pretty easy to come up with enough legitimate deductable expenses from playing music to offset the income.

Depending on how you do it, it's possible to claim deductions that'll offset your regular wages, too.

-Dan.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.</i></div>

Comment

I just joined a band in December and we have three attorneys in the band. We have a contract for EVERY gig that includes riders. We played a very good paying benefit gig last night and had to complete W-8 forms before they would pay us. It was in a highrise, took us 2.5 hours to setup/sound check, performed for 3 hours, and took us one to load out.
            Everybody is terminally ill.

Comment

It actually pisses me off that so many people think it is standard operating procedure to cheat on reporting/taxes. And it pisses me off even more when I think of the enormous percentage of folks who pay no taxes at all.I

Comment

I just joined a band in December and we have three attorneys in the band. We have a contract for EVERY gig that includes riders. We played a very good paying benefit gig last night and had to complete W-8 forms before they would pay us. It was in a highrise, took us 2.5 hours to setup/sound check, performed for 3 hours, and took us one to load out.

One hour load out isn't bad, but I suppose it depends on how much equipment you have. We seem to have accumulated alot over time. But 1 hour seems about right. 2.5 hours to setup is a bit much though.

Comment

I always pay my taxes. I'm surprised that others would think it's OK to not pay the taxes owed.

Comment

I always pay my taxes. I'm surprised that others would think it's OK to not pay the taxes owed.

Well they are probably republicans.:lol:

Comment

It actually pisses me off that so many people think it is standard operating procedure to cheat on reporting/taxes. And it pisses me off even more when I think of the enormous percentage of folks who pay no taxes at all.I

Per presidential candidate 47 % don't pay taxes right? Why should they start is probably what they are thinking.

Comment

This thread is becoming political. Please, reverse it back to the OP's question.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">- Chad<br><br><br><br><font size="1"><br><br>Endorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals<br><br></font></div>

Comment

This thread is becoming political. Please, reverse it back to the OP's question.

Yeah, you're right, I went off the deep end there for a bit......back to the OP, ...I do claim all of my verifiable musician expenses on my taxes as well as income...including the cash. I do know that many don't and it really pisses me off.....ooops sorry, did it again.

Comment

Well yeah, if you cheat on your taxes, you don't really have any business telling others what they should pay, regardless of the income level of any of the parties. Of course, anyone can have an opinion, but when you go beyond that and advocate for a policy, perhaps you should make sure your walking the walk. Glass houses and all..................

So if low-income folks who maybe have cheated on their taxes have no right to talk about the rich paying higher rates, does that follow that only rich people who have never taken a bit of extra income under the table or never over-stated a deduction have a right to talk about the tax rates poorer people pay???

Sorry, but that's just nonsense. What does how one conducts their own financial business have much of anything to do with having an opinion on something like what the marginal tax rates in the nation should be?

Comment

we usually alot 2.5 hours for setup/sound check and on average 1.25 hours for teardown/loadout.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
                              <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
                              -For Sale: <br />
                              -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
                              -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
                              - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
                              - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
                              - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

Usually 1.5 hours for setup and an hour for breakdown, depending on the gig.

Comment

Working...
                                X