Our Band Needs a Name

SeniorBlues

• Members

The one we had chosen was already taken by another up-and-coming group. We are an eight-piece classic soul band. Lots of singers and horns. Targeting the private events market within a 100 mile radius of the DC area.

The musical director/vocalist and featured vocalist are both named David and both played for Wilson Pickett, if that triggers any ideas.

I'll try to check back, as I always do, but expect to lose power in a few hours as Sandy passes through.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBlues

View Post

We can't use "Free Association" . . . no great loss . . . . and the what's-his-name format won't work because we really have two front men. Somehow "Dave and Dave" doesn't cut it the way Sam and Dave did.

You couldn't call it The What's-His-Name and the So-and-So's, literally?

• Members

I like the McLemore Avenue Band . . . but it's taken.

Remember guys . . . . this is supposed to be a class act (all things considered.) Edgy stuff won't work. And it can't come up in a Google search.

Yeah, I know. Some of you are just having fun. It's all good.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBlues View Post
And it can't come up in a Google search.
I think you're making it too hard on yourself - as long as your gigging area doesn't overlap with theirs I don't see why a name needs to be unique? If you insist you'll end up with something like "Furious Squirrel" facepalm.gif. Oh, and besides Google vet it on Facebook, Bandmix, and reverbnation too.

• Members

I like the McLemore Avenue Band . . . but it's taken......

Are you guys in Memphis? Maybe you could use the street name from where you rehearse, or some street name that is significant to where you live, i.e. "The Seventh Street Soul Band", or some other major feature in your town, i.e. "The Overton Park Soul Band?"

• Members

Are you guys in Memphis? Maybe you could use the street name from where you rehearse, or some street name that is significant to where you live, i.e. "The Seventh Street Soul Band", or some other major feature in your town, i.e. "The Overton Park Soul Band?"

I live (and we rehearse) in Rockville, MD. How cool is that! . . . . except we play soul music.

The "DC" something or other is workable. . . . . or something political. "The Congressional Soul Caucus"!

Archived