No announcement yet.

The Brewpub Saga has ended!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brewpub Saga has ended!

I wanted to let everyone know that the brewpub saga has ended today with us cancelling the gig. If anyone followed that thread (that was locked because it went way off topic to crazy town) you know what was going on... I tried to stay optimistic until today when I just said THAT IT!!!! and the universe smiled on us!

Readers digest version:

* Entertainment manager lady at a brewpub heard about us, looks at our site, watches our video then calls me up last month and books us. Show starts at 7:30.

Calls back last week with demands that include no light show, an entire genre of music can not be played, and If you are playing something that we don
    www.ostrichhat.com

Props. Stick it to the Woman!
    I teach Guitar through skype. I'm affordable. Check it out here. http://jesses-skype-guitar-lessons.weebly.com/

Comment

Just be polite and say "we are going to cancel, as I just don't think we are the right band for your establishment. Thanks for the interest though, and have a great day"
      PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

Yeah, do that. But set it to rap music.
        Do daemons dream of electric sleep()?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by wesg
          View Post

Yeah, do that. But set it to rap music.

So far this is the post of the day.

Comment

Yes the woman was a biotch however I'd rather play from 7:30-110pm than play in some bar until 2am on a Friday night...

Even for less pay.
            Guitars = Chick Magnet
            Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
            You do the math.

HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #002.
            Simple music is the hardest music to play and blues is simple music. - Albert Collins

Comment

Jeff, you rule. Just respond by a polite voice mail with a sick drum beat in the background:

Thanks for the offer yo, we wanna hit the jams

But yo' b*tch-a$$ attitude is slightly outta hand

So we flippin' what was real and shimmy shimmy out

7pm, ho? Not what Willis was talkin' `bout

Word to the wise, you gotta freshen your skills

Micromanage playas ain't payin' brew pub bills

Your beer is fresh and dope but dat attitude says "bounce"

We'll be rockin' up the road, sippin' on a 40 ounce

*hang-up phone*
              Music, music, I hear music
              Fitch Drums - The Blog for the Aspiring Non-Professional Drummer

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by FitchFY
                View Post

Jeff, you rule. Just respond by a polite voice mail with a sick drum beat in the background:

Thanks for the offer yo, we wanna hit the jams

But yo' b*tch-a$$ attitude is slightly outta hand

So we flippin' what was real and shimmy shimmy out

7pm, ho? Not what Willis was talkin' `bout

Word to the wise, you gotta freshen your skills

Micromanage playas ain't payin' brew pub bills

Your beer is fresh and dope but dat attitude says "bounce"

We'll be rockin' up the road, sippin' on a 40 ounce

*hang-up phone*

I think the best thing is to always let owners/managers know (or believe) that your services are in demand. And if they are in love with the idea of hiring 'a band' and really aren't in love with your band, move on. We have. It doesn't hurt. Just like in real life relationships... the longer you stay at a venue that doesn't appreciate you, your missing an opportunity to play at one that does.
                so over this signature BS!!!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by wheresgrant3
                  View Post

I think the best thing is to always let owners/managers know (or believe) that your services are in demand. And if they are in love with the idea of hiring 'a band' and really aren't in love with your band, move on. We have. It doesn't hurt. Just like in real life relationships... the longer you stay at a venue that doesn't appreciate you, your missing an opportunity to play at one that does.

I wrote a nice but firm email stating because of the stipulations put on us we are not a good fit for the establishment. I tried to leave a door open to doing something in the future if they would let us do our show- something we worked hard on putting together but i doubt it. I haven't heard back yet but when I do I will post it. We are booked solid until the middle of January 2013 so we are not hurting for places to play and she knows it. I already contacted another venue in that town for a gig when they start booking in 2013 so the people who live there that want to see us can... just not at this brewpub. Their loss...
                  www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

AND here it is! The reply... she is NOT happy.

Good morning,

I see by your facebook page that you have already booked at another location. It appears that you emailed me and booked at XXXXX at about the same time.

I am astounded you decided to cancel the show. You gave me no indication that this was the direction you wanted to go. You emailed me a signed contract I emailed you back that we could change the time of start to 7:30, but we cannot play past 110 due to a town ordinance on our location. I did recommend that we prorate the show to include the 30 minute difference.

However, I see from the above post on your facebook page that you are not playing at the XXXBREWPUBXXX. I also felt that this was going to be the place for you in the area. We were looking forward to your show.

I must say that I see this as very poor business relations and would have a very difficult time contacting you for future engagements, as I now have an open date that I must fill. I counted on your word and contract. I also counted on the good words of the many people I know that follow your band and are close friends and family of your band.

I am very disappointed in your bands decision.

MANAGER LADY
                    www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jeff42
                      View Post

AND here it is! The reply... she is NOT happy.

Good morning,

I see by your facebook page that you have already booked at another location. It appears that you emailed me and booked at XXXXX at about the same time.

I am astounded you decided to cancel the show. You gave me no indication that this was the direction you wanted to go. You emailed me a signed contract I emailed you back that we could change the time of start to 7:30, but we cannot play past 110 due to a town ordinance on our location. I did recommend that we prorate the show to include the 30 minute difference.

However, I see from the above post on your facebook page that you are not playing at the XXXBREWPUBXXX. I also felt that this was going to be the place for you in the area. We were looking forward to your show.

I must say that I see this as very poor business relations and would have a very difficult time contacting you for future engagements, as I now have an open date that I must fill. I counted on your word and contract. I also counted on the good words of the many people I know that follow your band and are close friends and family of your band.

I am very disappointed in your bands decision.

MANAGER LADY

Unless I have this timeline screwed up a little... probably not wise to promote the new gig so soon before you've given time for notice to settle with the current manager. I find with bar owners it's best to let them know that 'you' are canceling them... not for another gig or opportunity, but because of how they handled relations. A stronger impact I think would have been to wait a week and then promote the new room. Now it looks like you fell into a better opportunity instead of pushing yourself away from the table. All of the reasons you felt uncomfortable for the gig (stipulations, demands, etc) are lost on her. In her eyes you bumped her for a competing room not because she's a micromanaging freak. No harm, no foul. I just like to let bar owners stew a little in their own juices before I let them know the date we previously negotiated on has already been covered. It puts me in a better negotiating position next time (if there is a next time) when they call and I remind them why it wasn't working out last time for us.

Comment

View Post

Unless I have this timeline screwed up a little... probably not wise to promote the new gig so soon before you've given time for notice to settle with the current manager. I find with bar owners it's best to let them know that 'you' are canceling them... not for another gig or opportunity, but because of how they handled relations. A stronger impact I think would have been to wait a week and then promote the new room. Now it looks like you fell into a better opportunity instead of pushing yourself away from the table. All of the reasons you felt uncomfortable for the gig (stipulations, demands, etc) are lost on her. In her eyes you bumped her for a competing room not because she's a micromanaging freak. No harm, no foul. I just like to let bar owners stew a little in their own juices before I let them know the date we previously negotiated on has already been covered. It puts me in a better negotiating position next time (if there is a next time) when they call and I remind them why it wasn't working out last time for us.

yeah we should have waited to post and update the site. We already talked about it but last night we were all pretty pissed about the brewpub and then excited that we get to go back to a decent room before January.
                        www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

View Post

yeah we should have waited to post and update the site. We already talked about it but last night we were all pretty pissed about the brewpub and then excited that we get to go back to a decent room before January.
                          www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

I can see where she think she got dicked, are you sure the last minute booking of this 2nd place didn't influence you to drop the original gig for more $? Business is business, no signed contract, but if you gave her a verbal committment or a "yes" before anything was signed, do you think it's possible communication broke down and fell through the cracks? Just curious. Thanks.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jeff42
                              View Post

I understand that feeling. Sometimes you sick of dealing with someone and naturally you want to subconsciously rub their nose in it. We had one bar owner that we left over pay and we immediately did whatever we could to book down the street. No harm, no foul. The important thing is you now have a better room for your band. And face it... she has plenty of time to get a new band, but given her 'stipulations' she may find it difficult filling the slot.

Comment

Working...
                              X