Video montage from a mid week summer gig

jeff42

• Members

Since I am off tonight and recovering from a bad cold I figured I would post a video montage I made.

We played a few mid week Bike night/ patio Party gigs at a restaurant in our home town and I realized I had some video from one of them. The gigs were easy 3 hours on a Wednesday. 6:30-9:30 and Same pay as our usual Friday gigs there! Woo! It was a nice extra couple of bucks in the summer even though Most of the people as you can see just sat there, listened, ate and drank so... Nothing visually great. (but the owner was VERY happy with us)

I needed something to do on a Saturday night and going out and drinking would not be good for me tonight.-

facepalm.gif I can believe I typed that! HA!!! But I barely made it through the gig last night.

Well anyway, Enjoy.

Warning the vid contains: shorts & a music stand!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mstreck View Post
Man, I really need to get up to see you guys. I bet you have the dance floor hopping on the weekends!!!!
Yep, usually do but in this vid people are just eating drinking and listening. We had a bigger crowd at some other outside gigs we played there but of course I have no video.

Inside during the colder months they jam us in a corner where we play and they have a huge bar inside that takes up the whole room. no room for people to dance. Music there was an after thought when they built it. they usually have solo, duo or karaoke so we are a "big band" for them. LOL

• Members

thank you! for 3 guys we can make a lot of noise when need be. Like I said this gig was a little more laid back than our usual gigs but still fun.

I am amazed how much people have taken to this lil project... A side project that some looked at as a "joke" but everyone looked at it as just a side thing one a month.

Well now we gig around 4-6 per month, bar managers call me more than I call them (which is a nice change) and we are expanding nicely out from out little town to bigger places.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by StratGuy22

View Post

Good stuff!! If people aren't dancing, they are eating and drinking which means more $$$$$ for the owner!!!

Oh yeah, the owner loves us. He mentioned to me that he makes out the best with us. Even though there is another band they have there in the summer that does bring a larger crowd than us- they bring out the biker types that don't eat, stay for one beer (whatever is on special/ cheapest and leave. OUR crowd comes early, eats, drinks and stays late. (I mentioned this in another thread a few months ago)

• Members

Nice!! There's one gig we do annually, same thing. Some dancing, but not packed. It's a fundraiser, everyone used to leave after the auction, but now most stay almost to the end, having fun, buying lots of drinks. So while the dance floor might not be packed, the till is ringing in the bucks for the fundraiser!!

• Members

Very enjoyable. The shorts and music stands didn't bother me a bit.

I do think that if you went to iPads instead of music stands you'd have a little more visual appeal, but it's a minor point.

Love the sound of both the electric and the acoustic guitar. Isn't it kind of a pain to have to switch back and forth? Maybe it'd be easier to use a pedal with the electric to get an acoustic sound, but then you'd lose the visual aspect of the acoustic guitar in a rock trio.

Just some random thoughts from a guitar player in a rock and roll trio.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MDLMUSIC View Post
Very enjoyable. The shorts and music stands didn't bother me a bit.

I do think that if you went to iPads instead of music stands you'd have a little more visual appeal, but it's a minor point.

Love the sound of both the electric and the acoustic guitar. Isn't it kind of a pain to have to switch back and forth? Maybe it'd be easier to use a pedal with the electric to get an acoustic sound, but then you'd lose the visual aspect of the acoustic guitar in a rock trio.

Just some random thoughts from a guitar player in a rock and roll trio.
We pretty much dropped the stands- If I remember correctly they were only there cuz we banged out a BUNCH of classic rock tunes a few days before- in case we had a bunch of biker-types show up. (it was advertised as a patio party/ bike night)

That is also the reason some electric guitar shows up. We usually do the whole show with an acoustic but for that show Joe played some stuff with the electric cuz we dipped into hard rock for a bit. But since then even if we pull out some hard/classic rock tunes we do 'em on the acoustic.- gives us more of an identity.

Archived