New band mindset...

mstreck

• Members

We've had a few weeks off, so we've been stepping up our game - we've recently added a new drummer, I'm switching back and forth between guitar and keys so we can do more current dance/pop, and we're even having acapella harmony rehearsals on Sundays in addition to our regular weekly rehearsals.

As far as our song list is concerned, we've always been female-friendly, but now we're ditching some of our classic and hard rock so we can keep the ladies happy for a larger portion of the night.

Our new drummer makes his debut in a couple of weeks, but we will unveil the "new and improved PH" after the New Year.

We had a great 2012 and we're hoping to have an even better 2013!!!! thumb.gif

• Members
thumb.gif Our MAIN criteria for choosing songs to do is "will the ladies dig it?"

And I'm also now switching from guitar to keys for a few songs a night. Which ones have you added that fall into this catagory? We've added We Are Young, Don't Stop Believing, and Take on Me. Just a few to start but they're doing well so far.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mstreck View Post
We've had a few weeks off, so we've been stepping up our game - we've recently added a new drummer, I'm switching back and forth between guitar and keys so we can do more current dance/pop, and we're even having acapella harmony rehearsals on Sundays in addition to our regular weekly rehearsals.

As far as our song list is concerned, we've always been female-friendly, but now we're ditching some of our classic and hard rock so we can keep the ladies happy for a larger portion of the night.

Our new drummer makes his debut in a couple of weeks, but we will unveil the "new and improved PH" after the New Year.

We had a great 2012 and we're hoping to have an even better 2013!!!! thumb.gif
Keys will open up a lot of material to you guys. What kind of rig you are you playing?

• Members

We're female- fronted, so we've always tried to be female friendly. We always got a better response to Call Me Maybe than Tush, even though we played it with just guitars, so we're taking it to the next level. Now we have "strings" like the recording does, and that sounds so much better!

If it's top-of-the charts pop, it's fair game. Bruno Mars' Kicked Out of Heaven is on Amy's to-do list and that will let me have some fun - lots of synth percussiony stuff going on.

I have a Korg M50 along with a Korg microSampler that I can trigger with the M50. The possibilities are pretty much endless. thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mstreck View Post
We're female- fronted, so we've always tried to be female friendly. We always got a better response to Call Me Maybe than Tush, even though we played it with just guitars, so we're taking it to the next level. Now we have "strings" like the recording does, and that sounds so much better!

If it's top-of-the charts pop, it's fair game. Bruno Mars' Locked Out of Heaven is on Amy's to-do list and that will let me have some fun - lots of synth percussiony stuff going on.
cant get that song out of my head its on our list to do next week.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jeff42

View Post

cant get that song out of my head its on our list to do next week.

Love the song. Reaction has been meh...ok so far. I think it's still quite new and will take some time though...so we're gonna stick with it. We cover it pretty tightly and it's fun to play.

Archived