vaginas, accounting, tech support, & rebooking

J.Paul

• Members

I've been thinking I really need to get into facebook. I am nowhere near your level, but the marketing aspect cannot hurt. I could pull some clips from youtube from various bands I played in and it might even be something that would lead to more opportunities. Does anyone use it more as a tool like that than a social resource?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Yer Blues View Post
I've been thinking I really need to get into facebook. I am nowhere near your level, but the marketing aspect cannot hurt. I could pull some clips from youtube from various bands I played in and it might even be something that would lead to more opportunities. Does anyone use it more as a tool like that than a social resource?
yeah I think it's about half and half.
I've only been on since January and have only added people I actually know (except for MStreck), which totally defeats the purpose so I'm gonna have to change that up.

You could think of it as a type of Lynced-In service and use it that way if you wanted....
I don't think Facebook itself will help create opportunites but integrating it with other services and apps as well as linking it into your community and lifestyle (outside of music) creates an interrelated snowball effect and THAT could help lead to opportunities.
Facebook actually has a term for this concept and an illustration of it buried deep somewhere in their help/terms links.... can't remember what they call it. Anyone?

Archived