Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar players, what amp(s) are you using?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peavey Red Line Envoy 110 for smaller gigs, Peavey Red Line Bandit + a Fender 1 X 15 closed-back cab for larger gigs or when working w/ bad drummers.

Prefer the Envoy 110 if I'm working with a good drummer.
    God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mstreck
      View Post

Peavey Ultra+ through a B-52 4x12 13-ply birch cab with Celestion 30's. Surprisingly, for being on the cheap, it sounds pretty freakin awesome.

Unless we're in a place where we need extremely low volume - then it's a Pod X3 Live straight to the board.

Hey Mike--what happened to that Marshall??
      Band

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mstreck
        View Post

Peavey Ultra+ through a B-52 4x12 13-ply birch cab with Celestion 30's. Surprisingly, for being on the cheap, it sounds pretty freakin awesome.

Unless we're in a place where we need extremely low volume - then it's a Pod X3 Live straight to the board.

The Ultra Plus is one of my favorite amps ever.

My absolute favorite amp ever is the one that came just before it, the Ultra 60/120.

Comment

Was using Avid Eleven Rack direct to board. Now, Rivera Fandango 1X12 combo. Saving up for Fractal Audio AXE-FX II.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ku'Yleh
            View Post

should have gotten the Ultra.

I couldn't afford the Ultra at the time, and I use 1/10th of what the Standard can do anyway. I'll upgrade at some point. Maybe when the Axe-FX III comes out.
            Good Deals - BlackHatHunter, vexed73, Shamdog, sa1126, Doctor Morbius, Tweedledee, RitalinCupcake, CompleteGuitard, Metal0822, lfrz93, deadanddreaming, Billy Dee, jigowatt, jcameronk2, Steve_man, orangesix, Zuzuman, BryanFTL, finboy, IBDBB (x2), Mike Fiasco, Posh1227, Woody_in_MN, finboy, FarToMany, kojdogg, Fusion1, dcindc, fulcrumpoint, live-I-evil, Deadbeat Son, Teletaylor, Mr Goodbomb, Firebrand, Jse, bdhn, Lonnie99(x2), jjegg

Comment

Hot Rod Deluxe III 'Red October' - the one with the Eminence Red Coat Wizard

Cleans that you can't beat - crunch that is really great with single coils - takes pedals (in both channels) really well - LOUD AS HELL... and it's got Bronco Red Tolex!!!!!! Best $800 I ever spent!
              Fender Acoustasonic Tele
              Gretsch 9220 Bobtail resonator
              Epi Les Paul Custom
              Garrison G-50-E
              1984 Martin Shenandoah
              Stiletto Studio5
              Upright bass w/pickup
              Yamaha RBX 260F Fretless 4
              Essex (SX) B-205
              And a cool old Kingston Bass that looks good on my wall....
              Aphex Punch Factor
              Jekyll & Hyde dual distortion
              Ibby Toneloc Digital Delay
              Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III *Red October limited run*

Comment

Blackface Fender Deluxe Reverb. Overdrive/effects comes from the pedalboard.

Comment

Jet City 20 watt combo with matching extension cab.

Comment

Jet City 20 watt combo with matching extension cab.

Comment

For the past couple years, I've used a Vox Night Train with an Avatar 1x12 cab with a Celestion Alnico Gold in it. I can dial in a nice sparkly clean sound, and it works well with my GT-10 in front of it for effects. The Gold is pretty efficient so it gets as loud as I need it to be---the group I play guitar with is not all that loud overall.

But, earlier this year, I had a Quilter Micro Pro to test out, and it was pretty impressive for such a small portable amp. I had the 8-inch speaker version, which despite expectations from such a small speaker was definitely a real-world, giggable amp, but I see now that they have a 12" version, and I think that would be better. The one I had sounded pretty good through the stock speaker, but it really came alive with a 1x12 extension cab hooked up.

A few weeks ago I got an Egnater Tweaker 15 head, and I'm excited to test it out, but I haven't had a guitar gig recently. (I play bass in my main band.)
                      My band: www.dec8de.com

Comment

Mesa Mini Rectifier and/or Mesa Mark V. The Mini Rec usually gets used for my country band gigs, and the Mark V gets the main duties for my rock band gigs.

If I have the space and feel like it sometimes I'll run them both together. They both go into Mesa Thiele cabinets with EVs.
                        geetarz: Nashville Tele w/Fralin and Lollars, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Music Man Luke w/piezo, Music Man Albert Lee HH
                        mapz: Mesa Mark V, Jet City JCA50H, Mesa Mini-Rectifier
                        efx and such: RC Booster, BB Preamp, Nova System

Comment

Old Peavey Studio Pro 40 w/early 70s 16ohm greenback. Sounds great and more portable than my Boogie Mk IV or BF Bandmaster. Good clean and crunch; Boss and Marshal pedals for high gain sounds.
                          Eschew Obfuscation.

Comment

both of my amps are in my sig. most gigs ill bring the mako/mesa, but smaller stuff gets the fender. i have enough cabs to be able to pick the right one for the venue but will usually bring at least a 412.
                            strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

I love the Ultra 1x12. I had mine modded so that the gain boost on the 2nd channel was footswitchable instead of the reverb. Now it's like having a 4-channel amp! I like it so much that I recently walked into GC and bought another that was for sale used as back up. Now I run them stereo and if I ever have a problem I'm already set up and ready to keep going.

In one of my groups, we've gone to in-ear monitoring so I'm considering using my pedal board into my RP1000 for an all direct rig.
                              Gregg - Guitarist
                              An Innocent Band - www.aninnocentband.com
                              Danny Isaacs Band - www.myspace.com/dannyisaacsband
                              Me - www.facebook.com/gregg.jones2

Comment

Mesa TA-15 Transatlantic and a DV Mark Mini 12 cab for most gigs, even outdoors. The head and cab weigh only 12 lbs each, and are very compact. The lightest pro-level rig I could devise.
                                www.engine14.com

Comment

Working...
                                X