Video Help for School!

Potts

• Members

I have to do a 2 minute PSA for extra credit in a communications class. It has to be based on an argumentative research paper I did on music piracy. I'm pretty creative but I have no idea what program I should use that will get best results. Here's a general idea of my story line:

- Less than two minutes

- One of my songs will be playing

- Big words on black or something that have catchy things like, "you've never heard this unsigned artist, he's not famous, he works hard to create his music and clah blah blah stuff.

- I'd like to add quick pics of me in between these things. Real quick so they cant tell its me until I want them to. Almost subliminal stuff.

- I think if I can get what I have in my head to a video I'll nail this thing.

Is there any free stuff out on the web o trial versions of things that you guys know of? I don't want to use movie maker if I don't have to. I also don't want some insane program that will take forever to learn.

Thanks!

• Members

If you have a mac, imovie will do the trick. If you have a Windows machine there is windows movie maker. Don't expect any of the programs to do the creative thinking for you. I'm sure there are easier ones, but they all seem very similar and the two mentioned are already included in the operating system. (They are already there. No extra charge.) Both of these programs have video demos either included or online and a lot of people have made additional how to videos out of the internet. If you don't have either, your computer must be more than 7 years old. I think windows movie maker can be downloaded for free, but you need XP or later to run it. (And if you have XP or later, it should already be there.) One more note, if you need to turn this in as a DVD, on the mac you need to make the DVD with idvd after you've created the movie and exported it. I'm sure there's someway similar on the PC, but I don't know what it is. (There's got to be a video on that somewhere.)

• Members

Thanks! Yeah I have a pretty hot-rodded PC but I'm not a fan of movie-maker. I was hoping there was something out there like what wix has for web pages. thanks again...

If you have a mac, imovie will do the trick. If you have a Windows machine there is windows movie maker. Don't expect any of the programs to do the creative thinking for you. I'm sure there are easier ones, but they all seem very similar and the two mentioned are already included in the operating system. (They are already there. No extra charge.) Both of these programs have video demos either included or online and a lot of people have made additional how to videos out of the internet. If you don't have either, your computer must be more than 7 years old. I think windows movie maker can be downloaded for free, but you need XP or later to run it. (And if you have XP or later, it should already be there.) One more note, if you need to turn this in as a DVD, on the mac you need to make the DVD with idvd after you've created the movie and exported it. I'm sure there's someway similar on the PC, but I don't know what it is. (There's got to be a video on that somewhere.)

Archived