Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever seen anyone sneeze on stage?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever seen anyone sneeze on stage?

I've seen tons of bands live, unsigned and major label acts, but I've never seen anyone sneeze on stage during a song. Same thing with news anchors, talk show hosts, etc.

I find it especially hard to believe musicians with their poor diets, weird sleeping schedules and drug use... and dry ice machines, that you rarely see this.

How rare is this?
    Good Deals: Killing Nevada, this1smyne, flump, hivedestruction, jjdugan, mormik, T_REX, Audiomichael, ssmband, Junkhead, Big Pimpin' T, BlackHive, m3at

I was worried I'd have to sneeze at our show on Friday. I felt the tickle of an impending sneeze, but something about being on stage or singing helps to suppress it.
    Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Monkey
      View Post

I was worried I'd have to sneeze at our show on Friday. I felt the tickle of an impending sneeze, but something about being on stage or singing helps to suppress it.

LOL..no offense but what do you mean you were worried? What would have happened if you did? Its not like you **************** yourself or something.

Comment

I can't remember ever sneezing onstage which for me is quite the accomplishment! I've got the worst allergies and here in the deep south with the heat & humidity & pollen & junk. Ugh.

It would be funny if I did though 'cause I've got the most paralyzing, mind boggling, tent shaking sneezing style ever. It really should have it's own YouTube vid.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've done it.
          When shopping for some cans, The Hiryuu passed away...he floated up toward heaven, but got lost along the way. Now he's the Love-Matic Gramp........err, Thy God.

ABNORMALITY - Contaminating the Hive Mind out now on Sevared Records!
          Abnormality Merch! Shirts and CDs!

...and here's the Youtube.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Potts
            View Post

LOL..no offense but what do you mean you were worried? What would have happened if you did? Its not like you **************** yourself or something.

Well, it certainly would have interrupted the song I was singing.
            Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Monkey
              View Post

Well, it certainly would have interrupted the song I was singing.

LOL.. yes it would have. To answer the original question I dont know If I have ever sneezed onstage either.

Comment

I have sneezed while playing a gig. Though I can't recall if I was on a stage or not. I have played a lot of gigs where there was no stage.

Comment

I'm not sure if I have ever done so either, but if I did, I wouldn't be needing a tub of Gorilla Snot any time soon!
                  Do you need live drum tracks? http://www.drumtracksdirect.co.uk/

Comment

I have done it a few times over the years, but I will play gigs when I have a wicked cold, so I'm more likely to do that. Other bands, big and small, probably load up on meds and use other remedies in order to prevent such mishaps.

I'm still getting over a cold, so during the gig this past weekend, I was coughing a lot inbetween certain lyrics and inbetween songs themselves. No sneezing though.

I will confess that I have not ever seen anyone *else* sneeze onstage, but I know I have myself. Apparently, from what people said about seeing it afterwards, it looks pretty cool under the hot stage lights!
                    (This is my Non-Signature.)

Comment

I have sneezed onstage. More than once, but I've never seen anyone else do it that I've noticed.

Comment

What an interesting question... I can't recall ever seeing someone sneeze on stage!
                        Music, music, I hear music
                        Fitch Drums - The Blog for the Aspiring Non-Professional Drummer

Comment

A singer I worked with did once and bopped her forehead on the mic, she wasn't singing at the moment and "ahhhchoo BOMP!"

Comment

Never have. I have a lot trouble with belching during phrasing. Take a swig before the song starts, and I can't stop the gaseous disorder.

Comment

As a drummer I have sneezed many times onstage but have typically been able to mask it with my playing (i.e. swinging a stick around while sneezing into my other arm, etc).
                              How about a mother****************ing crocodile pit instead of those titty ****************s !

Last edited by Jazz Ad on 06-20-2004 at 098 PM

Comment

Working...
                              X