Ignorant Band-Mates Stories

Tullsterx

• Members

Was talking to our drummer the other day. . . I somehow mentioned the HS forums and asked him if he goes to any drummer forums or anything like that, he said "what's that?", I said "you know a web-page where people discuss various topics and can post messages and such in different threads.", he said "I never heard of that." facepalm.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
icon_lol.gif Some of the former musicians I have worked with don't know how to answer txt messages or use a google calendar cuz they don't know how to "get into" the email, no idea what Facebook is and one didn't even have a computer. facepalm.gif

Yeah I feel ya.

• Members
icon_lol.gif Some of the former musicians I have worked with don't know how to answer txt messages or use a google calendar cuz they don't know how to "get into" the email, no idea what Facebook is and one didn't even have a computer. facepalm.gif

Yeah I feel ya.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by davebols View Post
I don't tell band members about this in case I want to come here to throw them under the bus.
LMAO !!! icon_lol.gifthumb.gificon_lol.gif

Heck, I thought this thread was going to be about "falling down" drunks, like one of the guys I play with from time to time. wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by davebols View Post
I don't tell band members about this in case I want to come here to throw them under the bus.
LMAO !!! icon_lol.gifthumb.gificon_lol.gif

Heck, I thought this thread was going to be about "falling down" drunks, like one of the guys I play with from time to time. wink.gif

• Members

I once had a band mate who thought a melodic minor scale was something that weighed people who extract rocks from the ground by singing.

Well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration.

But I am getting so {censored}ing sick of this discussion: "No, I'm not playing a {censored}ing B major chord, that would sound {censored}ing retarded you dumb ass, listen to the goddamn CD, yes, the bass note is a B, but Jesus Christ, you know, you're not ALWAYS playing the root!"

(for the record this was a Em6/B)

• Members

I once had a band mate who thought a melodic minor scale was something that weighed people who extract rocks from the ground by singing.

Well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration.

But I am getting so {censored}ing sick of this discussion: "No, I'm not playing a {censored}ing B major chord, that would sound {censored}ing retarded you dumb ass, listen to the goddamn CD, yes, the bass note is a B, but Jesus Christ, you know, you're not ALWAYS playing the root!"

(for the record this was a Em6/B)

• Members

I was once at a try-out/jam session with this new group that was getting together. I was playing bass at the time. Anyway, I didn't know these guys very well, but the keyboardist had this brand new, just out of the box, Yamaha keyboard, one of the ones with the big speakers on the top, a stage piano. I guess he was just getting back into playing, but he was pretty good. Anyway, he was on the other side of the room, and we starting playing thorough a couple of songs. They has this little PA set up and ran the stage piano though the PA, cool. Anyway, at some point I commented that the piano wasn't loud enough, and really cranked it up. . . and suddenly this incredible feedback pierced all our ears, and I looked over and saw that they had a mic positioned over the speakers on the Yamaha stage piano. . . they didn't use the line out, the had placed a mic over the speakers. facepalm.gif Anyway, I was blown away by that. Crazy. I didn't end up playing with those guys.

• Members

I was once at a try-out/jam session with this new group that was getting together. I was playing bass at the time. Anyway, I didn't know these guys very well, but the keyboardist had this brand new, just out of the box, Yamaha keyboard, one of the ones with the big speakers on the top, a stage piano. I guess he was just getting back into playing, but he was pretty good. Anyway, he was on the other side of the room, and we starting playing thorough a couple of songs. They has this little PA set up and ran the stage piano though the PA, cool. Anyway, at some point I commented that the piano wasn't loud enough, and really cranked it up. . . and suddenly this incredible feedback pierced all our ears, and I looked over and saw that they had a mic positioned over the speakers on the Yamaha stage piano. . . they didn't use the line out, the had placed a mic over the speakers. facepalm.gif Anyway, I was blown away by that. Crazy. I didn't end up playing with those guys.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by davebols

View Post

Ha! But face it, would anybody here want a bandmate who hangs out on music forums and bitches about THEM? Wouldn't anybody think twice about hiring someone from HC to be in their band, that they know to incessantly air out online the grievances, dirty laundry, and band drama about whatever band they're with? BTW, my drummer is such a dumbass he doesn't even know what a 2nd line beat is, much less how to play one, and thinks that New Orleans music is stoopid.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by davebols

View Post

Ha! But face it, would anybody here want a bandmate who hangs out on music forums and bitches about THEM? Wouldn't anybody think twice about hiring someone from HC to be in their band, that they know to incessantly air out online the grievances, dirty laundry, and band drama about whatever band they're with? BTW, my drummer is such a dumbass he doesn't even know what a 2nd line beat is, much less how to play one, and thinks that New Orleans music is stoopid.

• Members

I work with a singer/songwriter who, despite being an excellent singer, has had no formal music training, does not play any other instrument and does not know how to work equipment, including setting the volume and effects on her own mic channel on the PA. I often find myself taking care of the technical aspects. While it is not a massive burden, it becomes easier to blame me if something is not working properly, rather than learn how it works herself. I don't let it affect our musical relationship although I find her difficult to work with at times.

• Members

I work with a singer/songwriter who, despite being an excellent singer, has had no formal music training, does not play any other instrument and does not know how to work equipment, including setting the volume and effects on her own mic channel on the PA. I often find myself taking care of the technical aspects. While it is not a massive burden, it becomes easier to blame me if something is not working properly, rather than learn how it works herself. I don't let it affect our musical relationship although I find her difficult to work with at times.

Archived