X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a lesson to learn here...

So I
    Music, music, I hear music
    Fitch Drums - The Blog for the Aspiring Non-Professional Drummer

Im sure he wouldnt hold it against ya...........maybe be doesnt know that they are looking......????
    Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by race81
      View Post

Im sure he wouldnt hold it against ya...........maybe be doesnt know that they are looking......????

Full story is he was the old drummer like in the past years and left at some point. The guy who had been with them left recently, and K-Figg stepped back in, so they weren't looking for long.

I even dropped him a line apologizing, and I'm sure there's absolutely no harm from this, but it's just like... man, I should've checked them out on FB first and not embarassed myself! Hahaha... oh boy.

Comment

I'm not sure what "lesson" you think there is to learn here. To not go after gigs? It's a GOOD thing to be aggressive. What you call "snaking" to me is just what is done. That way everybody sort of ends up with who they're supposed to end up with. It's like Darwin, dude.

Comment

I think you did the right thing, it was an open opportunity and you didn't know the spot had been filled. You did the right thing though and apologized in case you were stepping on his toes so to speak.

Comment

Yeah, I'm laughing about it. I just feel like a moron and should've checked social media first before making an assumption, regardless of how confident I was. I broke my own rule.

Moving on!

Comment

'Trying to 'snake' a gig....?

You heard they were looking, you inquired, you found out they weren't looking any more.

You did nothing questionable, much less wrong.
              For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

He may break your balls a little, jokingly, nothing wrong with that!
                Do you need live drum tracks? http://www.drumtracksdirect.co.uk/

Comment

K-Figg is an awesome drummer. Just had to say that.
                  "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

My friend just picked up gigs with Johnny berry, who's had his songs on sons of anarchy and plays with a Grammy nominated badass named Steve Cooley. He answered the ad so to speak, as did you. How were you to know the name drummer was on his way back? Same thing could happen to Sean I suppose but he's in a spot to earn the chair.

Nothing to learn here at all except hard work perseverance and musicianship pays off.
                    Kickin' it in the sticks...

Comment

So the lesson is what exactly?
                      http://sites.google.com/site/bizflyer/

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypeoples
                        View Post

So the lesson is what exactly?

Do my homework.

Comment

Probably the lesson is to not listen to your dumbass musician friends that have bad or old information.

That said, sending off an email looking for work is not a bad thing....besides, I would think it would be a feather in your cap if you replaced some monster player.....
                          http://sites.google.com/site/bizflyer/

Comment

You gotta tell him..you can both have a laugh! Its bound to happen sooner or later...its a bizness, ya know? weird things happen.

If your both legit you know its just a coincidense.

I could tell you similar stories, as well

GtrGeorge

Comment

Working...
                            X