Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Way off topic. Got LASIK today! Anyone else had it or thinking about it?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way off topic. Got LASIK today! Anyone else had it or thinking about it?

Wearing silly looking goggles and watching TV..

SO far so god, I can see almost as well as I did with glasses before, and this is just the first day of healing!

WHat are your experiences with LASIK?
    Fender Acoustasonic Tele
    Gretsch 9220 Bobtail resonator
    Epi Les Paul Custom
    Garrison G-50-E
    1984 Martin Shenandoah
    Stiletto Studio5
    Upright bass w/pickup
    Yamaha RBX 260F Fretless 4
    Essex (SX) B-205
    And a cool old Kingston Bass that looks good on my wall....
    Aphex Punch Factor
    Jekyll & Hyde dual distortion
    Ibby Toneloc Digital Delay
    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III *Red October limited run*

I didnt have lasik, but I did have Lens implants because of cataracts, I know what you are feeling. It was amazing. I could see better the night of the surgery than I ever did with glasses. It was like having teen age vision again.

Good luck with your surgery , and follow all the instructions to a T .. You dont want any complications.
    "you mess with him and you mess with the whole trailer park"

Comment

Thought about for years. But I've long worn extended-wear contacts and the things are so damned comfortable that I'll often go a couple of months without bothering to change them. So I figure, what's the point?

What's bothering me more is how dependant I've become on reading glasses over the past few months. Damn, getting old sucks.

Oh well, at least I can still get through the night without having to get up to pee. For another couple of years maybe anyway...
      https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
      http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

Comment

Pain?
        Life is ours. We live it our way.

Originally Posted by Rada

... I mean, I wouldn't mind getting on all fours every once in a while if it meant my tuition and rent was taken care of

Comment

My eyes are too bad. I'd still need contacts or glasses.

Oh well... maybe the technology will improve in another five years?
          * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
          My cover band

HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOESN'T WORK HARD

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mstreck
            View Post

My eyes are too bad. I'd still need contacts or glasses.

Oh well... maybe the technology will improve in another five years?

I expect to see them go to clear cataract surgery like they do in europe. Its a better surgery with more predictable results and less complications. After lasik cataract surgery is more risky. My cousin is a retired eye surgeon. His feeling is that if you can see well with glasses or contacts dont take the risk of surgery till you have to. RK was the cutting edge when he first got into practice. that was a horrid proceedure.

I have had some major vision issues in my life. laser surgery for CSR in the early 90s on my right eye. Lost vision down to 20/70 in my left eye due to CRS in those same years. cataracts in both eyes a couple years ago , and a couple yag laser procedures because of cloudy capsules after the cataract surery ,, and a retina tear in my good eye after that due to posterior vitrus detatchment in my good eye ,, and a posterior vitrus detachment in the left eye with no damage. Its common for that to happen as you age. I tend to agree with my cousin. Man if you can see good with your glasses ,, why take chances for vanity on teh only pair of eyes you will ever have. that said ,, I think clear cataract surgery is going to be the way to go in the future. Lots of people have had lasik and are happy ,, but anytime they do eye surgery its a risk. Really think about any decisions you make.

Comment

I had it about 10 years ago and I highly recommend it. It is completely painless and recovery is very quick (if you get regular lasik and not PRK)

It did take me about 6 weeks to get up the guts to actually go through with it however.
              Don Boomer

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bassred
                View Post

Wearing silly looking goggles and watching TV..

SO far so god, I can see almost as well as I did with glasses before, and this is just the first day of healing!

WHat are your experiences with LASIK?

Twelve years ago, went in to get LASIK, met this chick in the waiting room, married her. Possibly the most expensive minor corrective surgery in history.
                My Guitar Collection - An ongoing project...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBastable
                  View Post

Twelve years ago, went in to get LASIK, met this chick in the waiting room, married her. Possibly the most expensive minor corrective surgery in history.

I'm not reading anything about divorce so I'm assuming that the expenses are continuing. Good mates are hard to find, so count yourself as blessed.

Comment

Work hard.

Rock hard.

Eat hard.

Sleep hard.

Grow big.

Wear glasses if you need 'em.

- The Webb Wilder Credo

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by WynnD
                      View Post

. Good mates are hard to find, so count yourself as blessed.

I'll pass your advice on to her because she certainly should, yes.
                      My Guitar Collection - An ongoing project...

Comment

Does anybody know any eye doctors who have had lasik? I moved around a bit in the last 5-6 years and went to several eye doctors. I noticed most of them wore glasses. It leads me to believe most eye doctors feel glasses are the way to go over contacts and lasik. Or perhaps these three all just preferred them.
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

Comment

Gwen had Lasik about 10 years ago and has nothing but good things to say...

I had an uncle who did it right when the procedure came out and had complications, it's come along way since then.
                          SELLING
                          $40 Washburn Lyon wah
                          $50 Korg EXP2 expression pedal
                          $80 Ernie Ball VP Jr volume pedal
                          $60 Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
                          $600 Rivera TBR1 2 channel preamp stereo power amp
                          $150 Roland GP100 preamp/multi effects/ speaker emulator
                          $140 Carvin DCM 150-150 watt stereo power amp

www.jpaulmusic.com
                          www.facebook.com/jpaulmusic

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Yer Blues
                            View Post

I noticed most of them wore glasses. It leads me to believe most eye doctors feel glasses are the way to go over contacts and lasik. Or perhaps these three all just preferred them.

Webb Wilder fans following the Webb Wilder Credo.

www.webbwilder.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Yer Blues
                              View Post

Does anybody know any eye doctors who have had lasik? I moved around a bit in the last 5-6 years and went to several eye doctors. I noticed most of them wore glasses. It leads me to believe most eye doctors feel glasses are the way to go over contacts and lasik. Or perhaps these three all just preferred them.

They make their living with their eyes. If they cant see well they cant do eye surgery or even refract you. Its like a dentist , they gotta see and see well. Big money rides on their vision. They dont take any chances with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X