Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One More Night - Maroon 5

First time playing it out and it PACKED the dance floor last night.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    My cover band

HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOESN'T WORK HARD

We'd get egged if we played it!
    tlbonehead@yahoo.com
    www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
    -For Sale:
    -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
    -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
    - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
    - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
    - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by tlbonehead
      View Post

We'd get egged if we played it!

While I don't gig anymore I must admit this seems like the kind of song that would pack the dancefloor. What does you regular setlist look like?
      Member: IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mr3lions
        View Post

While I don't gig anymore I must admit this seems like the kind of song that would pack the dancefloor. What does you regular setlist look like?

bluesy, folky, grungy rock with a little funk and reggae. Not many bar/club bands around here that play current pop hits. Every demographic is different.
        tlbonehead@yahoo.com
        -For Sale:
        -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
        - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD

Comment

View Post

....this seems like the kind of song that would pack the dancefloor. What does you regular setlist look like?

Here's a pic of the OP's location .... taken in 2007. I'm gonna guess that current pop material isn't all that big in this neighborhood.

The SpaceNorman

www.facebook.com/SuperstarsOfRock
          www.souldoutrocks.com

Keyboards and Tone Generators: Yamaha CP300, Kronos 88, Roland AX Synth, Motif ES Rack
          Keyboard Rack: Samson SM10 Line Mixer, Motu MIDIExpressXT MIDI Interface, Shure PSM200 IEM system, M-Audio Wireless MIDI, Live Wires IEM ear buds, iPad wOnSong.
          Stage Amplification: Stereo via 2 Yamaha DSR112s

Comment

View Post

We play a healthy mix of pop, dance, 80's, classic & modern rock. This one was nestled in a lengthy stream of "current" Top 40:

Coming off a block of classic rock, we did the following...

GRENADE

RAISE YOUR GLASS

ROLLIN THE DEEP/CRAZY

MOVES LIKE JAGGER

DOMINO/I GOTTA FEELIN'

EVERYBODY TALKS

ONE MORE NIGHT

LOCKED OUT OF HEAVEN

F***IN' PERFECT

HOT N COLD

CALL ME MAYBE

Then moved on to a bunch of 80s rock. it seems to work for us.
            * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
            My cover band

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceNorman
              View Post

Here's a pic of the OP's location .... taken in 2007. I'm gonna guess that current pop material isn't all that big in this neighborhood.

we don't play much in that town. Not sure why this matters.

we don't play much in that town. Not sure why this matters.
              tlbonehead@yahoo.com
              -For Sale:

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceNorman
                View Post

of course, if it matters to ya, here's a vid of a town celebration gig. no idea who recorded it but it is dreadful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB2_akWvwGI
                tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                -For Sale:

Comment

certainly not saying you shouldn't do it if it works for your situation.
                  tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                  -For Sale:

Comment

certainly not saying you shouldn't do it if it works for your situation.
                    tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                    -For Sale:

Comment

On a related note, Locked Out of Heaven didn't pack the dance floor but definitely had everyone's attention. Lots of cheers at the end.
                      My cover band

Comment

Does the original sound Auto-tuned to you? I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm just curious.

Comment

not doing the new maroon 5 but Locked Out of Heaven is working nicely in a medley that goes like this:

Brown Eyed Girl>>>Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic>>>Locked Out Of Heaven
                          www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by timrocker
                            View Post

Does the original sound Auto-tuned to you? I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm just curious.

EVERYTHING sounds auto-tuned to me these days.
                            My cover band

Comment

Working...
                            X