No announcement yet.

Musician carts - well worth the cost

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musician carts - well worth the cost

Since I switched from bass to guitar over a year ago, I've been getting more and more stuff that I carry to gigs (used to be a combo amp a bass and a pedalboard)... SO I now have Two guitars (and I got an acoustic/electric resonator for Christmas, so that will make 3..) my combo amp, my pedal board and pedal guard, my little silver case of cables and 'just in case' stuff and a 5 guitar stand/rack.

I bit the bullet and bought an Ultimate Js-cC80 cart on Saturday, and I think it has already paid for itself!

We had planned to rehearse on Sunday evening for our set with Gary Allan (that was tonight, and went really well!) and then we got a call to see if we could cover at the HOuse of Blues restaurant last night, so I had two places to take my gear just yesterday. Then, I rolled my neatly packed cart down into the concert hall and left my stuff for tonights show. After our set, I loaded up the cart and pushed it out the back door (a few steps to go down, but really not too much/too heavy even loaded) and my gear was all in my car in no time.

I had a hard time convincing my wife that $100 was a reasonable price for a cart, but can already say I should have bought one of these many many years ago..

Just thought I'd share my thoughts. - Jon (the guy with less aches in his back/legs now!)

Fender Acoustasonic Tele
    Gretsch 9220 Bobtail resonator
    Epi Les Paul Custom
    Garrison G-50-E
    1984 Martin Shenandoah
    Stiletto Studio5
    Upright bass w/pickup
    Yamaha RBX 260F Fretless 4
    Essex (SX) B-205
    And a cool old Kingston Bass that looks good on my wall....
    Aphex Punch Factor
    Jekyll & Hyde dual distortion
    Ibby Toneloc Digital Delay
    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III *Red October limited run*

That cart resembles the one that I have. I bought the biggest cart that could fit in my car.
    Video playing guitar at the beach - www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
    Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum - www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8
    Broken Hearted Surfer - Original Surf music and video featuring local Florida surfers - www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aFXhNoRhHw

Comment

That cart resembles the one that I have. I bought the biggest cart that could fit in my car.
      Video playing guitar at the beach - www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
      Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum - www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8
      Broken Hearted Surfer - Original Surf music and video featuring local Florida surfers - www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aFXhNoRhHw

Comment

I bought a convertible hand truck/dolly for hauling my spinet organ, but found it was handy for many other things, too... Including bringing firewood into the house, lol.

Last night I was thankful I had it for sure... I played a big band gig at place that is a Long walk from the parking lot and I was wearing nice clothes. I loaded it with my stupid heavy (70 lbs?) keyboard amp, stand, bench, bag of tricks, music folder, and two music stands... The second trip I only had to carry my piano, easy as pie. Without the cart it would have been a minimum of four trips in and out.
        Do daemons dream of electric sleep()?

Comment

I bought a convertible hand truck/dolly for hauling my spinet organ, but found it was handy for many other things, too... Including bringing firewood into the house, lol.

Last night I was thankful I had it for sure... I played a big band gig at place that is a Long walk from the parking lot and I was wearing nice clothes. I loaded it with my stupid heavy (70 lbs?) keyboard amp, stand, bench, bag of tricks, music folder, and two music stands... The second trip I only had to carry my piano, easy as pie. Without the cart it would have been a minimum of four trips in and out.
          Do daemons dream of electric sleep()?

Comment

I bought the Rock & Roller version about the same size as the OPs last year. Best $90 I've spent on gear in forever. Couldn't go back now.

A 5 piece kit with cymbal bag, 2 hardware bags, my in-ears case, pad controller case, tech/tool bag...that used to be 4-5 trips easy, plus 3-4 more if we brought our PA.

I can get all the kit and accessories in 2 trips with the cart, and the PA gear I carry (mixer, mics, mic stands, cables) in another. And minimize the aches in my back at the same time...

priceless
            For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

I bought the Rock & Roller version about the same size as the OPs last year. Best $90 I've spent on gear in forever. Couldn't go back now.

A 5 piece kit with cymbal bag, 2 hardware bags, my in-ears case, pad controller case, tech/tool bag...that used to be 4-5 trips easy, plus 3-4 more if we brought our PA.

I can get all the kit and accessories in 2 trips with the cart, and the PA gear I carry (mixer, mics, mic stands, cables) in another. And minimize the aches in my back at the same time...

priceless
              For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

Just bought a convertible dolly/cart for an upcoming move, and I can't wait to put it to use hauling PA equipment.
                Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

Just bought a convertible dolly/cart for an upcoming move, and I can't wait to put it to use hauling PA equipment.
                  Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Vestil-Convert...060604&sr=1-19

I like the large wheels.

Don't forget bungee cords!!

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Vestil-Convert...060604&sr=1-19

I like the large wheels.

Don't forget bungee cords!!

Comment

Those are a must. Saves so much time and back pain.
                        Originally Posted by GW348

I just let the pee flow. The places I play, no one notices or have peed themselves too.

RIP Wayne Murray

**************** YOU CANCER!!

Comment

Those are a must. Saves so much time and back pain.
                          Originally Posted by GW348

I just let the pee flow. The places I play, no one notices or have peed themselves too.

RIP Wayne Murray

**************** YOU CANCER!!

Comment

I've been using a rock and roller for 4 years. I wouldn't leave without it.

Comment

I've been using a rock and roller for 4 years. I wouldn't leave without it.

Comment

Working...
                              X