Finding leads?

Blackbird 13

• Members

Been putting together promo, video.. and everything else, but of course, all of it is worthless without putting it in the hands of potential clients!

I've been compiling a list.. of anyone who could possibly need the services of a cover band. About 300 potential contacts so far.. and I have a list of about another 50 festivals in this state that I need to add from (based on travel distance).

The list consists of:

* Any club or bar in the area that we aren't presently either playing or have a reason not to (i.e. those with shady business practices)

* Some select clubs and bars outside our area that host bigger local bands and regional bands.

* Every major agent in a 100 mile radius, as well as a few minor agents in the same

* Every major outdoor festival in our area, as well as our state fair, two neighboring state's fairs, and as many smaller festivals as I can find around our state and NC.

* Larger concert venues (ampitheaters, stadiums, and bigger theaters). These types of places may do side stages for national acts.

* Sports teams in our area, and beyond, inside a mileage limit. Football, Baseball, Basketball, NASCAR.. any of the private teams, stadiums, tracks, and the like.. as well as some AAA baseball teams. These types of organizations often throw parties and such... and may well need a band for some of those things.

* On the same lines.. most any sports/entertainment organizations that tour or have a presence in areas near us at some point.

* A few bigger national companies. Think Walmart, Kmart, and the like.. as I'm sure they hold grand openings for stores.. and while these are longshots, I'd like to be the first press kit on the desk for these folks.

Is Gigmasters worth doing? I know some of you have had good experiences with it.. but it's basically gambling $120 on something that I've heard both great and awful things about. Not only that, it seems there a lot of "lowball" offers in my area from smaller ragtag groups... which if that's the case, may make it not worth it.

I do plan on trying to find the Student Activites Chairperson for every college within driving distance, but that will likely be a "phase two" of sending out press kits... and if all goes well, I might aim towards working towards some of the people who list wedding vendors, but I think we're still a little ways from having the song selection we need for that, so that's on the backburner for now.

Any other ideas you guys have for alternative places that might find a financial benefit in hiring a cover band? I want to move away from the same old bar and club gigs.. ideas?

• Members

The deposit from just one GM gig landed paid for our annual membership.

It has not panned out to deliver a huge amount of additional gigs, but I personally believe that's because our promo isn't good enough.

I consider it no different than any other band marketing/advertising, only skewing our chances of being seen by someone who wants US more.

• Members

The deposit from just one GM gig landed paid for our annual membership.

It has not panned out to deliver a huge amount of additional gigs, but I personally believe that's because our promo isn't good enough.

I consider it no different than any other band marketing/advertising, only skewing our chances of being seen by someone who wants US more.

Archived