Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Set List Placement Matters

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set List Placement Matters

here ya go. my first topic on the new board. Just something cool that happened to us over the weekend...

For awhile now we have been playing a medley that consists of:

She's So Mean- Matchbox 20
    We Are Young- Fun
    Somebody I Used To Know- Gotye

It has been working so-so and we usually placed it either late in the 1st set (within the first hour of our show) or early in our 2nd set. Honestly it was on its way out because it never lit up the room. We figured that maybe we just didn't cover these songs well enough with just 3 people.

Last Friday we skipped it in the first set and pulled it out 1st thing in the 3rd set. The crowd went absolutely crazy for it. Surprised the hell out of us and reminded me of the fact that placement does count. 

www.ostrichhat.com

Yes, it does. We always got a good reaction to You Oughta Know and Zombie towards the end of the 2nd set. We ended up needing to skip them for some reason (I think our other guitarist's amp was acting up), so we ended up playing it in the third set to an awesome reaction. It was a happy accident.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    My cover band

HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOESN'T WORK HARD

Comment

• guido61
      guido61 commented
      Editing a comment

Set placement DOES matter, but also keep in mind that there are certain spots in the night where you could fart into the mic for 3 minutes and get a huge response.

Just make sure you're not confusing "people really like this song a lot more than I thought they did" for "people are really drunk and revved up at this point in the night and will cheer for anything."

Working...
X