The 3 keys to a successful stage performance

StageMasters

• Members

The true tripod for a perfect and successful stage performance resides in:

Techniques - Awareness - Creativity.

- Techniques to master your instrument and all what consists into a strong base for a stage performance from all its point of views.

- Awareness to understand why you do what you do on stage - to be able to understand the expectations of your audience - to know your musicians very well and know what to expect from them - to be able to see the big picture for your business goals.

- Creativity to be able to truly amaze your audience. Creativity allows you to bring your personality right into your show and share in the most honest way why you do what you do with your fans.

StageMasters

• Members

StageMasters wrote:

-
Techniques
to master your instrument and all what consists into a strong base for a stage performance from all its point of views.

-
Awareness
to understand why you do what you do on stage - to be able to understand the expectations of your audience - to know your musicians very well and know what to expect from them - to be able to see the big picture for your business goals.

-
Creativity
to be able to truly amaze your audience. Creativity allows you to bring your personality right into your show and share in the most honest way why you do what you do with your fans.

StageMasters

I dunno I've seen pretty people be successful and they wasn't even that talented.

Lot folks judge a band on appearances more then talent.

IMO Taylor Swift is eye candy but talent wise she's not all that.

• Members

twostone wrote:

StageMasters wrote:

-
Techniques
to master your instrument and all what consists into a strong base for a stage performance from all its point of views.

-
Awareness
to understand why you do what you do on stage - to be able to understand the expectations of your audience - to know your musicians very well and know what to expect from them - to be able to see the big picture for your business goals.

-
Creativity
to be able to truly amaze your audience. Creativity allows you to bring your personality right into your show and share in the most honest way why you do what you do with your fans.

StageMasters

I dunno I've seen pretty people be successful and they wasn't even that talented.

Lot folks judge a band on appearances more then talent.

IMO Taylor Swift is eye candy but talent wise she's not all that.

I dunno what comprises "all that", but I think Taylor Swift knocks it out of the part.  She started in the business as a songwriter and, as such, isn't much of singer, but neither was Carole King.   And I have no idea how much of what she does is of her own design, or that of her producers/managers, but few artists connect with their audience in the manner she is doing right now, and that's why she's so successful.

I was listening to her "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" single the other day and I was thinking how GREAT of a record that is.  She's listed as the first songwriter, followed by her two producers--so I don't know how much of it is her doing or theirs---but I think that record: from the songwriting, to the production, to the arrangement, to the vocal styling, is the perfect pop single if you're trying to sell a lot of downloads to 15 year old girls in 2013.   They nailed it on every level.

• Members

As far as we can see, the music industry is desperate now. There are the talented people who have to work really hard to make a strong career and there are the marketing products who last for a period of time and unless they get the attention of the medias one way or another will lose their credits.

From now on, the majors bet on short commercial successes that will attract attention through the "unknown-ness" of the "artist", like Psy or this one pound one fish etc...They build their fame in less than 3 months in general.

The talented people do not have any place there anymore due to the turn of events within the music industry.

CDs are not selling anymore and most of the new talented artists are betting on Live performances and online marketing. Online marketing requires marketing skills and Stage performances require artistic skills, awareness on what your audience expects from you and creativity if you want to last in this industry.

So indeed you can be successful and have no talent but if you are not into that type of success, you better go for the second option :)

StageMasters

• Members

Hey Strat,

You should maybe change your set up to be able to arrange the space the way you want on stage. Even on a small stage. I sometimes play with effects and place them on my side (at 10 O'clock or 02 O'clock) instead of right in front of me. I make it in such away the it is still easy to access but I am not disturbed if I want to go for some stage action.

StageMasters

Archived