Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

IN CASE YOU DON'T NOTICE THE ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE TOP- News re: site performance!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IN CASE YOU DON'T NOTICE THE ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE TOP- News re: site performance!

So hopefully we'll be back to arguing about music stands and shorts in a few weeks...

Dear extremely patient people,

Before the end of January, Harmony Central will move its forums and content to a new platform. Frankly, we

Cool mang. Good to know. Looking forward to the new phase.

Comment

I'm presuming the new platform isn't vBulletin?

I hope it's something very similar. As we all noticed with the last platform switch, people around this place don't like change much...
      https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
      http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

Comment

thank you thank you thank you Craig!
        Thomas Jefferson said... "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." hmmm...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by guido61
          View Post

I hope it's something very similar. As we all noticed with the last platform switch, people around this place don't like change much...

You presume correctly.

It'll be Lithium's. From what I've seen so far it doesn't look too different as far a functionality. No idea yet myself what the aesthetics will be though. I'm hoping for a lime green background with cyan blue text and tiny comic sans font.

Comment

sounds killer
            Sig Fail

Comment

View Post

It seems we were both part of the same event - yet drew to very different conclusions. You appear to have concluded we are "change averse" ... while I see us having confirmed our affinity for **************** that actually works.

Two way different things!
              The SpaceNorman

www.facebook.com/SuperstarsOfRock
              www.souldoutrocks.com

Keyboards and Tone Generators: Yamaha CP300, Kronos 88, Roland AX Synth, Motif ES Rack
              Keyboard Rack: Samson SM10 Line Mixer, Motu MIDIExpressXT MIDI Interface, Shure PSM200 IEM system, M-Audio Wireless MIDI, Live Wires IEM ear buds, iPad wOnSong.
              Stage Amplification: Stereo via 2 Yamaha DSR112s

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Actionsquid
                View Post

It'll be Lithium's.

Aww crap. I've seen a Lithium board, and it sucks balls.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by AVisme
                  View Post

Aww crap. I've seen a Lithium board, and it sucks balls.

In terms of function or appearance? (or both)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceNorman
                    View Post

It seems we were both part of the same event - yet drew to very different conclusions. You appear to have concluded we are "change averse" ... while I see us having confirmed our affinity for **************** that actually works.

Two way different things!

The last forum they tried WORKED just fine. And while I agree it wasn't as easy to use as vBulletin, the truth is that a BIG part of everyone's discontent was simply that they were so used to using vBulletin for so many years.

Mark my words---I don't care HOW cool, simple or similar the new forum might be, the simple fact that it's different will result in MANY MANY complaints about how much it sucks.
                    https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
                    http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

Comment

• Omni'sMom
                      Omni'sMom commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey clown shoes, how about letting people reset their passwords from their username. I have no fcuking idea what the email was I created StratGuy22 from. **bleep**br>**bleep**br>**bleep**br>Thanks**bleep* *br>**bleep**br>

• davebols
                      davebols commented
                      Editing a comment

You have to be adaptable by the very nature of the music biz. I think I can do the same here. (It's getting better all the time)

View Post

The last forum they tried WORKED just fine. And while I agree it wasn't as easy to use as vBulletin, the truth is that a BIG part of everyone's discontent was simply that they were so used to using vBulletin for so many years.

Mark my words---I don't care HOW cool, simple or similar the new forum might be, the simple fact that it's different will result in MANY MANY complaints about how much it sucks.

While I do think a lot of people overreacted to the 2.0 forums, I don't think it was just resistance to change. The Jive forums were pretty much the opposite of "cool, simple, and similar to vBulletin". I mean the software wasn't actually even designed with something like HC's forums in mind but more customer support questions. I can't quite agree with "worked just fine", and I think the dislike the the Jive format was pretty justified.

From what I've seen of Lithium, it's not gonna be anything that drastic. I think as long as they don't do anything crazy with the aesthetics we just might make it though this ok.

That said you are right- no matter how good it is some people will find fault with it.

Comment

View Post

While I do think a lot of people overreacted to the 2.0 forums, I don't think it was just resistance to change. The Jive forums were pretty much the opposite cool, simple, and similar to vBulletin. I mean the software wasn't actually even designed with something like HC's forums in mind but more customer support questions. I can't quite agree with "worked just fine", and I think the dislike the the Jive format was pretty justified.

From what I've seen of Lithium, it's not gonna be anything that drastic. I think as long as they don't do anything crazy with the aesthetics we just might make it though this ok.

That said you are right- no matter how good it is some people will find fault with it.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Actionsquid
                        View Post

In terms of function or appearance? (or both)

Both. I don't know how much HC will be able to customize their version, but the layout stinks and it doesn't have many of the convenient features that vBulletin has. Lithium seems to be very intrusive as well, which is why I even remember the name. It left cookies on my browser and the logo was splattered all over the place.

Comment

View Post

It's pretty hard to get better than the vbulletin software for forums, IMO, but we'll see what they come up with.
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          "Vaginas are nice, but I wouldn't trade my balls for one." - boxorox

Comment

"It left cookies on my browser"

Really? You're complaining about sites using cookies?

How do you think your login session is stored with vBulletin?

How do you think just about every web application out there works?
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">--<br><br>Hammond: BC, M3, Split L111, L122 / Leslie: 51, 760 / Yamaha: DGX-620, PF-85<br><br>Follow my new band, <a href="http://DrBombay.ca/connect.html" target="_blank">Dr. Bombay</a>! We're going to be organasmic!</div>

Comment

Working...
                            X