What do you guys wear on stage?

Feud

• Members

Well, in short, you'll get a thousand different answers about what to wear on stage, what not to wear on stage, and why. At the end of the day, each project is different, each band, each venue, and each image. Each one has it's merits and it's drawbacks.

Howzabouts you tell us:
- What style of music your band plays
- Original/ covers
- Age of members
- Types of venues played (Bars? Clubs? Touring main venues?)
- Image you'd LIKE perceived ("we're hard rockers," "we're island Buffet dudes," "we're the new Devo," "we're metal heads," etc)

We'll go from there.

• Members

Ties....eek, from a drummers standpoint = SUCKY. haha and long sleeve shirts can be very restrictive for arms, I say wear a gstring like tommy lee does haha. Dress code I think should reflect the bands image or "brand" i.e., you wouldn't see Tommy Lee playing in a Jazz band in his outfit and vice versa.

• Members

There's no real "wear this" guideline, but I think we've all tended to agree on what not to wear-

Do not wear shorts of any kind. Do not wear camouflage unless you are playing a base in the middle east. Do not wear a priest outfit (even on halloween).. yes I did and it was failsville, never again! Do not wear a music stand as a prop anywhere on the stage. Do not wear any styles already made famous by someone else, for instance, don't wear leather jacket and a top hat with flight goggles on them.. Slash already did that and you will look like a stupid poser. Avoid overdressing, but also never ever ever under-dress. You should never be dressed the same as everyone else in the venue (like jeans sneakers and t-shirt in a local bar).. that's about it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nchangin

View Post

Yes go read some other forum do not discuss anything in this forum that was discussed in the past, shame on you Feud.

Whatever dude...This topic is discussed for 10 pages at least once a month.

• Members

I dunno about the whole "don't dress like everyone else in the venue" rule. Sometimes, that's just something you can't avoid. T shirts and jeans run rampant at bars in the summer time. And if it's not exactly a super boojie bar that's poppin', we usually go the more casual route, and just make sure we're comfortable. But if it's a nicer venue, or we're expecting a decent turnout, then there's no reason to not put at least a little effort in your attire. Usually just my favorite button up, dark jeans and dress shoes. I'm actually more accurate at hitting footswitches with my dress shoes than sneakers. So in this case it's fashion AND function.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well I talked everyone into it.

thumb.gif

We lasted a set and then lost the ties, opened up a bit. But the dark pants/black tops still looked sharp, unified. I'll suggest the same thing next time. Maybe not button down, but consistancy among us.

I liked it.

7BE665FE-9789-4461-ADD7-3B56EE1C8869-151

F11E7A0B-E269-47CC-B302-DADB517CB663-151

0C38A726-1F19-4E1C-9EC3-90AECC6BD029-151

0DD67046-8515-41FB-AA7B-24DE5862B10D-151

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by StratGuy22 View Post
Well I talked everyone into it.

thumb.gif

We lasted a set and then lost the ties, opened up a bit. But the dark pants/black tops still looked sharp, unified. I'll suggest the same thing next time. Maybe not button down, but consistancy among us.

I liked it.
Yeah, looks good. Amazing what even a little bit of consitancy across the band will do. And yeah...things like ties and jackets are going to get lost as the night wears on and you get hot on stage. But at least you start out with a nice look. And you all look like you showed up for the gig, rather than just happened to be there. Which is really all it takes.

Archived