....And So It Begins!

SpaceNorman

• Members

Phase I of tonight's gig is done.   My keyboard rig has been packed up and schlepped to out to the van - for my gig with my "Soul'd Out" project (eight piece - bass, drums, guitar, keys, female vocalist - sax, trombone and trumpet).   We're playing at what's essentially become our home bar - a great steakhouse/microbrewery about 50 minutes away.   The stage is tiny - so we're packed in there tighter than an ugly third grader - but the crowd is awesomely receptive, the management treats us well and the micro-brew is fantastic. 

We've added 4 new tunes since we were last there 2 weeks ago ... so there's some fresh material.   We got two couples coming up to check us out for potential wedding gigs.   Based on the feedback from everybody in the band - sounds like everybody has folks coming out tonight - so we should have a decent crowd.   All in all - it sounds like "all systems go" for a good night!

Chicks are gonna be digging me tonight!  I just know it!  :smileyvery-happy:

• Members

A great time was had by all.  This band is in the fun and exciting stage ... our lineup has come together and for the time being appears stable, we're learning new material at a steady clip (we rolled out 4 new tunes last night), I like our playlist - actually look forward to playing pretty much everything on it, we're working two rooms on a regular basis - and are getting a great response in each of them and are watching our crowds grow in each of them.   Best of all - there's a sense of synergy in our performances - we know we're consistently delivering a quality performance.  Our calendar is slowly but steadily filling up.  For the time being - I'm in the middle of exactly what I'm involved in music for!   It's a great feeling!

Last night was another good night.  We had a good crowd (not an empty seat in the joint - with folks 2-3 deep around the bar and the open areas where folks can stand) - that braved snow and {censored}ty driving to be there.  The band was on.  

Best of all - we sealed the deal on two wedding gigs. 

I'm looking forward to riding this crest for as long as I can!

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

That's a good strategy, and like you said, an investment towards bigger things. Better than a video, better than a rehearsal space to give a live demo.

:thu:

That's been our sentiment as well - plus there's the fun factor.   Granted the $60 per man split at the bar gigs is definitely a fraction of my typical minimum - I am having a ball.   Both rooms are nice venues to work, in each case the house recognizes that they're getting a hell of a deal and comp any and all drinks we happen to order (we're not huge drinkers ... but do appreciate the gesture).  Couple that with the fact that this band is the most fun I've had in ages (musically speaking) - makes it such that I don't mind making the "investment".

Archived