I need a fun, short, punchy name for a cover band. Any suggestions? :)

• Members

I came up with my last band's name without too much trouble.  It just wouldn't get out of my head - Mischief.  People really loved the name, and we got lots of comments on it.  

Unfortunately, Mischief disbanded due to health issues with one member and another member leaving the state.  Two of us have started a new cover band, and we want something equally as catchy and punch.  

We came up with a few terms, but mostly just single words - words that would either make a great name on their own, or are good combo words.  For instance, I think the word "hot" is a great addition to another word, but not strong enough on its own.  

Short, punchy, catchy, and sounds like a party band is what we're looking for.  

Any suggestions?  

Thank you in advance!!  :smileyhappy:

• Members

True.  In this case, however, the set list is far different.  We were doing Whitesnake, Zeppelin, etc with Mischief.  The new band is going to be much heavier on the top 40.  Also, there is one member in particular who is on the outs with everyone else from the band, and I'm 99% sure he'd start a war over it - even though I came up with the name.  

Plus there's the almost 1,500 fans that we all worked really hard to get on our Facebook page.  I'd just feel dirty doing that.  :)  

• Members

We came up with a few terms, but mostly just single words - words that would either make a great name on their own, or are good combo words.  For instance, I think the word "hot" is a great addition to another word, but not strong enough on its own.  

Knowing your gonna be covering a lot of top 40 stuff..... How about "Hot" Mess?

BTW, I came up with the best name for a female fronted or male/female duo today and have no one to use it with. Bummer.

• Members

Thanks for the suggestions so far!  Nothing's clicking with me yet, but I appreciate the input so far.  Here's that list of random words that I tried to post earlier.  If anyone thinks any of these would sound really good by themselves, or with another word, please let me know.  There are a few phrases in there also.  If those were used, we'd most likely not add to them.  And thanks again!  :smileyhappy:

Bandit

Boiling Point

Bomb

Bottle Rocket

Brazen

Carbon Copy

Chaos

Chaser

Cover Story

Crush

Dirty

Double Down

Dynamite

Fever

Finger Lickin Good

Firefly

Frantic

Frenzy

Frisky

Fury

Honey White

Hot 

Hot Pursuit

Jumpstart

Kickstart

Manic

Mixtape

Moxie

Nerve

Pirate

Red Eye

Risque

Rowdy

Ruckus

Turbo 

Sky Rocket

Sugar

Taboo

Tantrum

Tizzy

Trigger Happy

Wildcard

• Members

It's only two of us in the new band though - and the drummer isn't even the original drummer.  But my biggest concern is that the new band's set list is VERY different from the old one's.  People would be like "WTF" - Why is Mischief playing all this crappy pop music now?  We had a pretty good following, but they were all rockers.  

I don't even know that my other former Mischief bandmates would be okay with it - I haven't asked, because I'm really uneasy with keeping the name/logo.  

Archived