Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Low paying gigs... Ugh

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True. We play music our crowd wants to hear. Be it country, rock, whatever.

Its not music I love but I enjoy playing it.

There's just not much of a market for a weezer/foo fighters tribute band.

:,(

Lol
    NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• jimiv
      jimiv commented
      Editing a comment

I'm betting not a lot of "original' bands that  "made it" didn't first start on stage with covers in their set list as they worked on their performace and instrument chops playing live.

Many do.
    NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• modulusman
      modulusman commented
      Editing a comment

We have originals bands where I live that make great money. But unlike the clueless fools who are in original only bands they are smart enough to learn a bunch of covers and then add there originals into the sets.

• twostone
      twostone commented
      Editing a comment

StratGuy22 wrote:
      Many do.

Well of course because rookie starter bands gotta start some how.

Does the $5 cover go to the band, or to him because the band costs more?

Next time maybe tell him you aren't interested, because you don't like his attitude. The cheaper bands that make him less money seems to be a better fit. If he wants to he a C or D class venue, he can get what he pays for.

You'll be at the A or B list rooms, where the know the value of a band.

There's a venue here that wants us to play, but they only offer 50% of our normal rate. They will pay our "special event" (halloween/NYE) rate though for Halloween, so I think we will be booked there for this Halloween.
    NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• Mutha Goose
      Mutha Goose commented
      Editing a comment

LOL... It's not all that bad. But the funny thing is, we we're booked to play there the night of the last big blizzard (2 weeks ago). That show had to be cancelled. The club bumped another band to get us in. Obviously we're good for his business. All he had to do is say, "$5 cover tonight", Nothing else needed to be said.

RR: You are completely right... douche move!

Yup. $5/cover is all that's needed.
    NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• TIMKEYS
      TIMKEYS commented
      Editing a comment
      Its not the best wording, but its better to be the band that he has to charge a cover to hire. I would guess in his mind he is thinking he hired a special band. They cost more. If you are filling the place just shut up and play. Its not broke dont fix it.

Working...
X