Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Top 40 songs are you guys learning?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What new Top 40 songs are you guys learning?

Anything new and great?

We have been struggling with adding anything new that has "legs." We are kind of waiting for something to drop. We have discussed adding part of Troublemaker by Olly Murs but nothing yet. We also were thinking about Suit & Tie but we will wait and see if it lasts.

Locked out of Heaven is the last "new" top 40 tune we added. It still does OK. Not super-awesome-OMG great but it's good enough for now.

We have instead added some 90s stuff and some classics but nothing New top 40 since Locked out of Heaven a few months back. 

www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

Stuff currently in the Top Ten: Locked Out of Heaven (Bruno Mars), Try (Pink), and Thrift Shop (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis)

We've been playing the Bruno Mars songs for months. We'll be hitting the other two for the first during the next rehearsal.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      My cover band

HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOESN'T WORK HARD

Comment

• jeff42
        jeff42 commented
        Editing a comment

mstreck wrote:

Stuff currently in the Top Ten: Locked Out of Heaven (Bruno Mars), Try (Pink), and Thrift Shop (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis)

We have been thinking about adding the $20 in my pocket part of Thrift Shop. Its so annoyingly catchy. 

• Blackbird 13
        Blackbird 13 commented
        Editing a comment

We picked up "Locked Out Of Heaven", which has done well, and bombed, depending on the room. We're also working on doing something with "Thrift Shop", because that will work like nobody's business.

Outside of that, most of our newer pickups have been country. "Cruise" might be one that would work for a wider range of bands.

Havent learned it yet but have getting requests for the Lumineers "Hey Ho". Doesnt seem danceable but has sing along potential...

Comment

• Blackbird 13
        Blackbird 13 commented
        Editing a comment

sweatpat wrote:

Havent learned it yet but have getting requests for the Lumineers "Hey Ho". Doesnt seem danceable but has sing along potential...

Popular song... but I could see it stalling out the momentum of a party band's set. 

Locked out of Heaven works OK for us, nothing spectacular

We're doing Come On my Ke$ha for the first time this weekend.

Jason
      My band: http://www.facebook.com/thetrickydickies

"Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

Comment

• Mutha Goose
        Mutha Goose commented
        Editing a comment

OK, let me start by saying I play in a hard-rock band, not top 40.

But we just added Slash's "Standing in the Sun" to our show this past weekend. It absolutely killed!!!! Great groove. The crowd loved it.

• TrickyBoy
        TrickyBoy commented
        Editing a comment

Not brand new, but these three are all gold:

We Are Never Getting Back Together

Call Me Maybe

We Are Young 

• SeeU 22
        SeeU 22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm interested to hear how Come On goes. We are thinking of adding it. It doesn't seem to have the same drive as Die Young does.

We are also adding Trouble by T Swift. How do you guys handle the half time section in the chorus. Like the album or do you punch through it.

Working...
    X