What Happened to Stagemasters?

Potts

• Members

RoadRanger wrote:

Potts wrote:

What Happened to Stagemasters and who do you believe he really was? I'm thinking he was someone we all probably know and love that came here in disguise.

Read the thread, I mentoned his real name.

What thread? I'm nosy.. I wanna see.. :p

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

I seen those. I thought maybe there was a glorious flame out somewhere.

:D

Nope, pretty much plugged his book and drifted off wink.gif. There is a tiny bit of activity on his Facebook group. Nice enough guy smile.gif. IME most musicians don't want to put in the effort to become a "show band".

• Members

Nope, pretty much plugged his book and drifted off . There is a tiny bit of activity on his Facebook group. Nice enough guy . IME most musicians don't want to put in the effort to become a "show band".

--------------------------

He just seemed too esoteric for me. I'm not trying to connect on a real spiritual level with my audience, I just like to rock the {censored} out, or country the {censored} out, if that's possible.

;)

• Members

Yeah but for 1 rockin' country tune the other 9 songs on the album are usually twangy boring gag me country songs that don't even rhyme. :(

Every summer I go to WE fest, even the best rockin' country bands are great for the first 5 min and then you have to endure 30 minutes of the twang before the next tune comes along. Last year the big headliner was Alabama, put us to sleep, very dissappointed even with their numereous "rock like" staples or hits.

Probably the worst was Tim McGraw, headliner and we fell asleep in our chairs, didn't realize it until 30 minutes after the show ended.

Now Eric Church and newer guy Brantley Gilbert and Colt Ford tore it up.

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

No kidding. So much country is basically a classic rock sound with cowboy hats.

Save a horse

Dust on the bottle

Beer in Mexico

The Guess Who or Doobie Brothers could have written those.

;)

Exactly.  Country isn't the "new rock".  It's the "old rock" in a different hat.  Does adding a bit of fiddle or steel guitar to an arrangement make an old song new?  For some it does, I suppose. 

Archived