Randy Blythe indicted. I. Am. So. Pissed.

FitchFY

• Members

After a terrific amount of international legal B.S., Randy Blythe of Lamb of God has been indicted in the Czech Republic on a manslaughter charge.

"Blythe is facing the possibility of conviction and a long-term jail sentence after a 2010 incident in which a fan attending a LAMB OF GOD show died almost a month later, allegedly from injuries sustained when he was thrown off the stage. Blythe's predicament has galvanized the heavy rock community, with artists across the hard rock genre pledging their support."

This has me beyond livid... anyone who has access to YouTube can see he never even touched the kid. An accident is just that

• Members

I think the premise might be that it's someone's responsibility to keep the fans OFF the stage, thus making someone responsible, although I would agree with you that they have chosen the wrong person to blame.

Where I live, you can't get anywhere near the stage, much less on it, even with 'opening' acts.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by OldGuitarPlayer View Post
Who??? idn_smilie.gif
I know you're just being a jabber, but there's a sincere point going on here: this dude fronts a band. Many people here do. Some guy pushed past security and jumped on the stage. The kid got pushed off the stage, and now the singer is being charged with his murder.

That's messed up.

• Members

What's really messed up is that the local gov't and/or venue didn't have clearly marked signage noting that moshing, slam dancing, stage diving, etc. was forbidden, and one that does so risks ejection and takes all responsibility for any injury like has pretty much been the standard practice in the US for any venue that wants to keep their doors open for the past few decades...

What is it there, the 1980's or something?
Oh wait...never mind.

It sucks that he wasn't found innocent, but thems the risks one takes plaing in foreign lands.
He's foolish to go back; bravado don't mean squat when you're in a cell.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kmart View Post
It sucks that he wasn't found innocent, but thems the risks one takes plaing in foreign lands.
He's foolish to go back; bravado don't mean squat when you're in a cell.
Not sure how it works in Czech, but an indictment doesn't necessarily mean innocent or guilty, only that a trial will be held.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by FitchFY View Post
I know you're just being a jabber, but there's a sincere point going on here: this dude fronts a band. Many people here do. Some guy pushed past security and jumped on the stage. The kid got pushed off the stage, and now the singer is being charged with his murder.

That's messed up.
Who???idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Wasn't even remotely funny the first time.

I know you say you are "old" but, surely you know
google
, right?

Of course he does. But clearly the point he is trying to make is that he doesn't care for the music so it is not worth the effort to even look it up. I wouldn't waste another nano second on this turd. :)

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Amen! I let out a whoop of joy when I read this the other day! A free man, and he handled this whole thing INCREDIBLY well. I wouldn't be surprised if Lamb of God neglects to tour the Czech Republic anymore, but seriously, he handled this like a true man.

I may not be a fan of the band, but I've got mad respect for this guy.

• Members

It's so tough these days. Dime was killed on stage, so now if someone comes up uninvited, I say you take your lumps.

It's still really unfortunate it happened, a tragedy all around. Randy took it like a man. I don't know if I would have went back.

Mad respect.

Archived