• Show
Clear All

• salislore
    started a topic THE STATE OF LIVE MUSIC IN MY STATE

THE STATE OF LIVE MUSIC IN MY STATE

So I

• guido61
    replied
    It has everything to do with his argument and is entirely true. Are you too young, or have already forgotton how many people dismissed Elvis, Madonna, Bon Jovi, Kiss etc etc when they first hit? Heck, even Led Zeppelins first albums got a ton of bad reviews

But if it makes you feel better to believe everything was so much better when you were a kid, I won't stop you.

Leave a comment:

• guido61
    replied
    And really,... would you like me to rattle off a list of completely forgotten "long term investment" one hit wonder country artists that the labels signed in the wake of Garth Brooks! There were literally hundreds of them.

Years later everyone remembers the few big stars who have accumulated but forget the thousands of others left in their wake.

Leave a comment:

• guido61
    replied
    Problem with your list is virtually all of those past artists were dismissed by MANY (ie virtually everyone who wasn't a fan and buying their records) as talentless hacks who didnt match up to the "classic" and "real" musicians.

Leave a comment:

• mstreck
    replied
    Potts, I think I made that same mistake . Must have been thinking of another thread!

Leave a comment:

• mstreck
    replied
    More and more people can't (or won't) *pay* attention - so maybe try to capitalize on that?

There is a popular regional band around here that plays a set of 60 songs in 60 minutes - mostly verse-chorus-out - and they are kicking ass with it!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin T
    replied
    When i was in HS we had 10 bands from beginers to pros. There was an appretice system to learn from and bands not djs fought for the HS dance gigs. Today no such system exhists unless u include ROCKBAND. Bands form in college now I guess? Lots of mancave Dad bands are forming. These are the 20-30 bands round here that play for little or nothing.

Leave a comment:

• StratGuy22
    replied
    In my town most of the live music is either 2 - 3 original bands playing 1 set each, or 1 band with a CD of originals and covers for the rest. They seem to play things like Volbeat, buckcherry, weezer, foo fighters, more current stuff.

They are all younger guys/girls as well. At 43 and the youngest in my band (oldest turned 50) we are way too old for bars and clubs full of 18 - 25 year olds,, that's why we moved into the private/corporate scene.

Leave a comment:

• n9ne
    replied

Not to be a debbie-downer here....but take a typical member of the 21-30 year old nightclub demographic, which tagline would be more likely to pique his/her interest:

"DJ so and so will be spinning the hottest club hits all night long

Leave a comment:

• guido61
    replied
    A). That's waaaay too much work for MY lazy ass

B). I'm posting from an iPhone I don't think that works in the mobile version.

Leave a comment:

• guido61
    replied
    I'd facepalm if I could.

Leave a comment:

• RoadRanger
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X