Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody doing "Please Don't Stop The Music"?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guido61
    started a topic Anybody doing "Please Don't Stop The Music"?

Anybody doing "Please Don't Stop The Music"?

We were looking for a new song to anchor a dance medley at rehearsal yesterday and this one came up so we started messing around with it.  Sounded great---the new singer nails Rihanna, and both girls sounded great on it together--and while I'm thinking this one should work well, I'm wondering if it being a few years old has put it "off the radar" (although it seems I still hear it on the radio quite a bit.)

Also, does anyone do the obvious thing and do more of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" besides just the bit already in the Rihanna tune?

• sweatpat
    replied
    Ooooh already doing brick house, definitely adding it to the medley!

Leave a comment:

• sweatpat
    replied
    Originality can be overrated. Currently working on an obvious superfreak/can't touch this medley that I am pretty sure is can't miss!

Leave a comment:

• guido61
    replied
    Because every pop artist in the 70s was Freddie Mercury and every single released was Bohemian Rhapsody? Hardly. And yes, it'd be just as easy to put together a 50s rock or Motown or 80s rock medley.

Leave a comment:

• guido61
    replied
    Yeah of course. But what else is new? That's been the story with pop/rock music for the last 60 years.

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart Rocker
    replied

This tune has been on our radar, but we haven't got to it yet. I think it will go over pretty good. Still gets plenty of airplay and seems to be on the DJ rotation. We really don't do any medleys or mashups, but I think the song will go over either way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X