Yes the DJ sit. is THAT Bad

Kevin T

• Members

I was lurking on a DJ site & caught a thread about ( Get This) complaints that Real "artist" DJs don't use backing midi sequences etc. to "lipsync" their performance .  Scheeesh now they cant even scratch in real time ! I have definately stayed too long at the fair :)

• Moderators

I love how the cover band set gets mad at the original band set for disrespecting what they do. And then turn around and slam DJs.

I'm sure you can easily find justification for it that'll make you fell better about what you do but its equally as rediculous.

Playing in a band is not some pinnacle of artistic credibility and same for being a DJ. We're all just sharing music.

• Members

Kevin T wrote:

I was lurking on a DJ site & caught a thread about ( Get This) complaints that Real "artist" DJs don't use backing midi sequences etc. to "lipsync" their performance .  Scheeesh now they cant even scratch in real time ! I have definately stayed too long at the fair
:)

Makes sense really. There is talent in what a real, professional level DJ does. Whether it's a talent worth five digit sums for one performance is another question for another topic.... but there is talent and skill involved.

And as we musicians have learned.. any time anything takes talent and skill, someone will find a cheap, quick, and dirty way to get the accolades for it without the effort.

Archived