Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Yes the DJ sit. is THAT Bad

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes the DJ sit. is THAT Bad

I was lurking on a DJ site & caught a thread about ( Get This) complaints that Real "artist" DJs don't use backing midi sequences etc. to "lipsync" their performance .  Scheeesh now they cant even scratch in real time ! I have definately stayed too long at the fair

Yeah but huge DJ shows have elaborate light shows etc, that are synced to what the DJ is doing. So they sacrifice spontaneity as a result.

Its ok though, the E-Tards will never notice anyway.
    NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

So what you'r saying is DJ replaces band, computer replaces DJ...  Seems like a logical progression.

Jason
      My band: http://www.facebook.com/thetrickydickies

"Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

Comment

The question is, what replaces computer?

Comment

• TrickyBoy
          TrickyBoy commented
          Editing a comment

sweatpat wrote:
          The question is, what replaces computer?

Monkeys.  It all goes full circle.

As long as its not Monkees im ok with that.

Comment

I love how the cover band set gets mad at the original band set for disrespecting what they do. And then turn around and slam DJs.

I'm sure you can easily find justification for it that'll make you fell better about what you do but its equally as rediculous.

Playing in a band is not some pinnacle of artistic credibility and same for being a DJ. We're all just sharing music.
          Thomas Jefferson said... "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." hmmm...

Comment

Kevin T wrote:

I was lurking on a DJ site & caught a thread about ( Get This) complaints that Real "artist" DJs don't use backing midi sequences etc. to "lipsync" their performance .  Scheeesh now they cant even scratch in real time ! I have definately stayed too long at the fair

Makes sense really. There is talent in what a real, professional level DJ does. Whether it's a talent worth five digit sums for one performance is another question for another topic.... but there is talent and skill involved.

And as we musicians have learned.. any time anything takes talent and skill, someone will find a cheap, quick, and dirty way to get the accolades for it without the effort.

Comment

Working...
            X