Country Songs with the Widest Appeal

• Members

I know there's another country song thread going on right now, but the scope of this one is a bit different.

We're looking to add 3-5 country songs to the mix, but we want ones that will appeal to the widest audiences, including non country fans. These will be done at bars, weddings, etc. Real dance club gigs won't see them.

We started with the psuedo-country "Keep Your Hands to Yourself" and it's gotten pretty good reaction so far. Our other ideas so far are:

Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy - Big & Rich

Country Girl (Shake it for Me) - Luke Bryan

Boot Scootin' Boogie - Brooks & Dunn

First of all, are these good ideas? Second, any other ideas for songs with a wide appeal?

• Members

jeff42 wrote:

we have done red solo cup and 
Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy in the past and we do folsom prison on occasion. Would like to add maybe 2 more too. Not sure what though

We talked about red solo cup but we think it's pretty much past it's usable age now...who knows.

We've talked about Folsom since we started the band, but haven't done it becuase we're not sure how well it'll really "work."

We're betting Save a Horse will work well, and also really think Country Girl Shake it for Me will work well too.

I brought up Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean...in our band a dual vocal with me doing the verses and our singer wailing the choruses could be really cool. Not sure how well it would work. He shot it down pretty quick.

• Members

Folsom Prison almost always works, as does friends in low places (its a singalong, not a dancer obv.), family tradition is a good uptempo tune with a built in crowd response opportunity (whyyyyyy do you drink? TO GET DRUNK! whyyyyy do you roll smoke? TO GET STONED!)

Archived