Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone doing any jackson browne stuff?

I was sitting around thinking about songs we havent done in a long time.   Ready or not and rosie came to mind.   Any of you guys doing any jackson browne?  

<div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;you mess with him and you mess with the whole trailer park&quot;</div><br>

I'll play Take It Easy often at camp fires and the like...

<div class="signaturecontainer">Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. -Will Rogers<br><br><a href="http://facebook.com/SpitShineRocks" target="_blank">http://facebook.com/SpitShineRocks</a></div>

Comment

• TIMKEYS
      TIMKEYS commented
      Editing a comment

Mutha Goose wrote:

I'll play Take It Easy often at camp fires and the like...

yea we do that too ,,,, do a fair amount of eagles stuff.   It fits our demo crowd.  

Short of doing "Take It Easy" in our acoustic set, I can't really see any of his stuff working for what we do.

Both our full band and acoustic band setlists are loaded with the most recognizable, widely accepted and known, fun songs. I don't really see much of Jackson Browne's stuff as fitting that bill.

Comment

• Chicken Monkey
      Chicken Monkey commented
      Editing a comment

Blackbird 13 wrote:

Short of doing "Take It Easy" in our acoustic set, I can't really see any of his stuff working for what we do.

Both our full band and acoustic band setlists are loaded with the most recognizable, widely accepted and known, fun songs. I don't really see much of Jackson Browne's stuff as fitting that bill.

Depends on the crowd.  If you were playing for my parents, there's probably a dozen JB songs they'd flip for.

IM 60 I love JB but face it he's a downer.get. I have done runnin on empty &keys redneck friend.

Comment

• Jimbo_Keys
      Jimbo_Keys commented
      Editing a comment

Kevin T wrote:
      IM 60 I love JB but face it he's a downer.

Yeah, i only brought Doctor My Eyes back into my set as a medley with Bob Marley's 3 Little Birds (Don't Worry 'bout a Thing) ... it needed something cheery at the end!

On the boulevard

Comment

Road and the Sky; Poor Poor Pitiful Me (Jackson's version); The Load Out/Stay
      '57 Hammond B3; '69 Hammond L100P; Hammond XM2/XMc2; '68 Leslie 122; Motion Sound Low Pro/Pro 3T; Neo Vent; Kurzweil PC3; Generalmusic Equinox 88 Pro and 76; Voce V5+; EV ELX112P; '67 Howard Combo Organ; http://www.dyinbreedband.webs.com

Comment

• wesg
        wesg commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to do "Running on Empty", years ago. I wouldn't mind running "Doctor, My Eye" with my current group. It's got a good groove and a memorable hook.
    Working...
    X