Big Hair 80's Madness

• Members

As I already mentioned in another thread, my old 80s big-hair band is reuniting for a show in Las Vegas at the end of April.  So I've been digging out old originals and live tapes so we can figure out our songlist and doing what I can to promote the show by putting together clips and such. 

I came across this live tape of us at a club in Denver in 1986.  On a Tuesday night.  (This was back in the days of 5/6 night a week gigs on the road.)  i can't believe we were working this hard on a Tuesday for what was probably no more than a handful of people in the club.  But hey....to be 24 again, ya know?

And yes, this was our female vocalist....lol.   And this is one she really wants to do again, so I think we probably will.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The keytar story is that is the bass player using it.  He was the right guy for the position but played the wrong instrument, so he strapped on a keytar instead.  It was the 80s so, it didn't really matter.   Most people probably thought he was playing keys, but whatever.

So no, he doesn't have his old keytars anymore but I'm bringing down one I have for him to use for this show.

And yes, there should be some good video.  The event is supposed to be professionally shot, and I'll have someone there shooting my own stuff just in case. 

If we don't completely suck, I'll post it....lol

• Members

Ya well...it's a tough business. Always has been. I, too, thought we had all/most of the elements but still it often comes down to being the right band with the right song in the right place at the right time. At some point it's like trying to win the lottery. Lot of bands all doing the same thing and only so many spots on the roster.

• Members

guido61 wrote:

As I already mentioned in another thread, my old 80s big-hair band is reuniting for a show in Las Vegas at the end of April.  So I've been digging out old originals and live tapes so we can figure out our songlist and doing what I can to promote the show by putting together clips and such. 

I came across this live tape of us at a club in Denver in 1986.  On a Tuesday night.  (This was back in the days of 5/6 night a week gigs on the road.)  i can't believe we were working this hard on a Tuesday for what was probably no more than a handful of people in the club.  But hey....to be 24 again, ya know?

And yes, this was our female vocalist....lol.   And this is one she really wants to do again, so I think we probably will.

Which is female?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow.  What a weekend!   Part high-school-reunion; part rock concert.   I haven't had that much fun in a long time.  Much more than I even thought I would.  Playing with the old band was like putting on a comfortable old pair of shoes.  We just fell right in with all the old licks and stage moves.  Crowd was great.  Staging was great. 

I've got a couple of pics to share; video to follow in a couple of days.  I'm still exhausted!

`

`

• Members

Yeah an hour would have been great. Just as we were getting warmed up it was time to stop. Although I do have to admit that from an audience standpoint, 25 min was about right. As much as I was looking forward to seeing some of the bands and enjoyed their sets, there weren't any I really wished last longer.

Always leave 'em wanting more!

Archived