90's Music

• Members

I just posted in the solo/duo forum about songs to add for my new duo, and it occured to me that I really have a thing for 90's music, lol.  While I don't want to be an acoustic 90's tribute, it appears to be 40-50% of our current play list.  There's about 30% (popular) classic rock and 20% that is more obscure from all over.

We are by no means a dance band...we want to play small clubs and get heads bobbing and people smiling. Am I headed in the wrong direction with bands like Blues Traveler, Barenaked Ladies, Matchbox20 ,Gin Blossoms, Goo Goo Dolls, etc.?

I doubt we'll play much to the 21-30 crowds...most of the clubs we are going to try and book are going to appeal to the 30+ crowd.  Thanks!

• Members

Maybe it'll be a nice change of pace for your listeners. Stick to the grunge and light upbeat rock (that you listed) etc and stay away from the idol r&b stuff that all sounds the same and you should be a hit!

• Members

We have a decent amount of 90s stuff in our master list. some we play often some once in awhile. The ones we do often seem to work at least decently.

(I bolded the ones we do almost every gig)

3AM- Matchbox Twenty

One Week- Barenaked Ladies

All For You- Sister Hazel

Run Around- Blues Traveler

Inside Out- Eve 6

What I Got- Sublime

Hey Jealousy- Gin Blossoms

Two Princes- Spin Doctors

Tubthumpin- Chumbawumba

Song 2- Blur

Santeria

• Members

We don't have a ton of 90s stuff in our setlists most of the time, but we usually end up playing quite a bit of it anyway. We get lots of different 90s requests and we know a ton of it anyway. LIVE, Collective Soul, PJ, STP, AIC, Black Crowes, Counting Crows, Dwight Yoakum, SCOTS, Gin Blossums, Soul Asylum, Gear Daddies, Jayhawks, The Billy's, Johnny Lang, KWS, Chris Duarte, Corey Stevens, Popa Chubby, Bottle Rockets, Kory/Fireflies, etc.

How about originals written in the 90s? Do they count?  :)

Archived