No announcement yet.

90's Music

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's Music

I just posted in the solo/duo forum about songs to add for my new duo, and it occured to me that I really have a thing for 90's music, lol.  While I don't want to be an acoustic 90's tribute, it appears to be 40-50% of our current play list.  There's about 30% (popular) classic rock and 20% that is more obscure from all over.

We are by no means a dance band...we want to play small clubs and get heads bobbing and people smiling. Am I headed in the wrong direction with bands like Blues Traveler, Barenaked Ladies, Matchbox20 ,Gin Blossoms, Goo Goo Dolls, etc.?

I doubt we'll play much to the 21-30 crowds...most of the clubs we are going to try and book are going to appeal to the 30+ crowd.  Thanks!

Mike - vocals and harmonicaMy SiteMy Facebook

Maybe it'll be a nice change of pace for your listeners. Stick to the grunge and light upbeat rock (that you listed) etc and stay away from the idol r&b stuff that all sounds the same and you should be a hit!

Comment

We have a decent amount of 90s stuff in our master list. some we play often some once in awhile. The ones we do often seem to work at least decently.

(I bolded the ones we do almost every gig)

3AM- Matchbox Twenty
      One Week- Barenaked Ladies
      All For You- Sister Hazel
      Run Around- Blues Traveler
      Inside Out- Eve 6
      What I Got- Sublime
      Hey Jealousy- Gin Blossoms
      Two Princes- Spin Doctors
      Tubthumpin- Chumbawumba
      Song 2- Blur
      Santeria

www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

lots of good stuff from that decade Mike!  BTW, I wish I woulda known you had your sub on CL! 

tlbonehead@yahoo.com
        www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
        -For Sale:
        -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
        -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
        - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
        - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
        - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

• tlbonehead
          tlbonehead commented
          Editing a comment

We don't have a ton of 90s stuff in our setlists most of the time, but we usually end up playing quite a bit of it anyway. We get lots of different 90s requests and we know a ton of it anyway. LIVE, Collective Soul, PJ, STP, AIC, Black Crowes, Counting Crows, Dwight Yoakum, SCOTS, Gin Blossums, Soul Asylum, Gear Daddies, Jayhawks, The Billy's, Johnny Lang, KWS, Chris Duarte, Corey Stevens, Popa Chubby, Bottle Rockets, Kory/Fireflies, etc.

How about originals written in the 90s? Do they count? 

• HarpNinjaMike
          HarpNinjaMike commented
          Editing a comment

I so would have sold you the sub!  Argh!  Thanks for the posts!

"we want to play small clubs and get heads bobbing and people smiling"

I find that a lot of the 90's stuff you listed achieves this very well. 

Comment

Working...
        X