New "to us" pop songs...

• Members

We're getting ready for our weekly summer beach gig and are still in the middle of transitioning over to more keyboard-friendly pop. Most recently added were Troublemaker, Starships, and Thrift Shop. Now on deck are:

Biz Markie - Just a Friend

Gym Class Heroes - Ass Back Home

Katy Perry - California Gurls

We had a full dance floor to most of the stuff we played last Saturday night. The pop stuff won over the classic rock and even the 80's stuff, hands down. The 80's stuff still held up pretty well, though! We're not quite ready to jettison it.

I think it's going to be a really fun summer. thumb.gif

• Members

How is "Starships" working for you?   I wanted to add it last year and never got around to it, but now I'm thinking it's too late?

California Gurls remains very, very strong for us.  With girls of all ages.   That we play most in California has a lot to do with that though, I'm sure.

• Members

We havent played Starships or Thrift Shop out yet. We ran through them last night and everything sounded great, so we'll probably find out at our next show (May 10).

From the way Starships is sounding in the rehearsal room, I think it will be strong for us with the summer beach crowd.

• Members

For anyone who does  mashups,  Starships and Raise Your Glass would be a ridiculously easy combination;  they're practically the same song.  

Also be real easy to squeeze in a verse/chorus of Kesha's "We R Who We R"

• Members

n9ne wrote:

For anyone who does  mashups,  Starships and Raise Your Glass would be a ridiculously easy combination;  they're practically the same song.  

Hmmmm.... I never thought of those before, but definiately will work on it.  Could be very cool!

• Members

n9ne wrote:

^ This is one of the many reasons I love this place! biggrin.gif

Archived