Breaking A.I. - Harry Connick, Jr.

• Members

I thought Connick was great on that episode.  They should consider making him a judge next season.  He was great TV.  Maybe the best thing all season.

As far as his insistance that they don't mess with the melodies on the standards and this columnist's viewpoint that their not "getting it" is why none of these contestants will be the next Ella Fitzgerald?  Meh.  I doubt any of them are going to be releasing albums of standards like Connick does anytime soon.  (Although I thought Candace Glover sounded great and I might actually buy an album of her doing standards.)

And, IMO anyway, Connick's new single he sang on the show stunk big time.  He should go back to the standards.  He seemingly has as little ability to deliver a pop tune as these girls can sing standards.

• Members

guido61 wrote:

I thought Connick was great on that episode.  They should consider making him a judge next season.  He was great TV.  Maybe the best thing all season.

I totally agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a judge next season. It's almost like this was a set up to see how the audience would react. I think most of the reviews have been pretty positive.

Archived